Steven Tarrson Impact Investment Fund
The fund’s goal is to pave the way for companies and entrepreneurs that might otherwise be overlooked by investors - either due to risk tolerance, access, or lack of track record. It supports direct private investments in early-stage mission-driven companies and puts students at the center of day-to-day operations, with oversight from Booth faculty and investment professionals.
Participating students source investment deals, perform due diligence, and make investment recommendations to an external investment committee. The impact investing fund was established in November 2019 with a $1 million gift from Ron Tarrson, ’72 (XP-31).
- Evergreen fund
- Invests $50,000 – $100,000 in seed and pre-seed ventures
- Makes up to two investments a year
- Emphasizes investing with partners as catalytic capital
- Invests in a variety of asset classes
- Will not lead deals
- Expects financial returns
- Expects companies to have impact baked into their business models
- Expects impact to be measured with the same level of diligence as financial metrics
- Invests within the United States and looks for companies whose impact is primarily within that region
- Pursues partnerships with entrepreneurs who develop products and services that benefit diverse communities
- Seeks to support work within economic opportunity, health-care solutions, and environmental sustainability, justice, and equality
Make your mark on the future of the field by partnering with us to sponsor impact investing programming. For information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact the Rustandy Center.
With a $1 million gift from Ron Tarrson, ’72 (XP-31), the Rustandy Center has established the Steven Tarrson Impact Investment Fund—one of the country's largest student-managed impact investing funds.Chicago Booth Launches New Student-Led Impact Investment Fund