The Rustandy Center for Social Sector Innovation Doing Good Is Worth Doing Well
We are Chicago Booth’s destination for people who are committed to helping solve social and environmental problems.
The Rustandy Center celebrates 10 years as the home for social impact at Chicago Booth in 2023. We have long believed that tackling the world’s biggest challenges requires nothing less than the efforts of committed leaders and contributors who are equipped with cutting-edge tools and insights.
By integrating Booth’s business fundamentals with research and experience-based learning, the Rustandy Center advances social innovation and equips bold thinkers and doers with the knowledge and tools necessary to positively impact human life and our planet.
To harness the power that social business innovation can wield in making the world more sustainable and equitable, the Rustandy Center:
- Jump-starts nonprofit and for-profit ventures with social missions
- Advances social sector research and partnerships worldwide
- Supports innovative social impact courses
- Helps students and alumni gain firsthand experience in the social sector
- Convenes the world’s leading business, nonprofit, and policy minds at events at Booth’s campuses in Chicago, London, and Hong Kong, virtually, and beyond
The Edwardson SNVC winner uses technology for faster post-conviction appeals, benefiting people in prison, attorneys, and taxpayers.Accelerating Justice by Upending Incarceration Communications
Professor Christian Leuz discusses his research on fracking amid the broader debate about transparency in ESG disclosures.Can Mandatory Reporting Help Clean Up the Environment?
Rustandy Center’s new virtual series, On Board: Boardroom Debates, explores the recent research behind nonprofit governance.Should Your Nonprofit Board Appoint a Chief Governance Officer? It depends.