What We Look For in Alumni Consultants
Alumni in all life stages and career situations are welcome to apply: full-time professionals, entrepreneurs, retirees, stay-at-home parents, and all alumni looking to strengthen bonds with the Booth community. Specifically, applicants need to have:
- An MBA from any Booth program (Full-Time, Part-Time, or Executive MBA)
- A passion for helping nonprofits increase their impact
- A professional and collaborative attitude with clients and other volunteer consultants
We’re looking for alumni consultants with skills in the following areas:
- Analytics/Data dashboards
- Budgeting/Financial forecasting
- Business/Strategic planning
- Digital marketing
- Entrepreneurship/Startups/Small business
- Financial analysis/Financial management
- Human resources/Organizational development
- Market research/Consumer insights
- Nonprofit management
- Operations/Process improvement
- Product management
- Project management
- Public relations
- Social enterprise
- Social media
In typical BANC projects, teams of five to six alumni consultants work closely with nonprofit executive directors, boards, and other stakeholders to meet objectives over a six-month period.
While all projects are currently taking place remotely as per University of Chicago policy, alumni are welcome to apply regardless of location. All clients are in the Chicago area and meetings are scheduled on central standard time. We hope to expand to other cities in the future!
Time Commitment Required
Alumni consultants commit an average of two to four hours a week for about six months. (This is an average estimate. Over the course of the project, some weeks will require more effort, and other weeks none at all.)
- Consultants are expected to attend a virtual kickoff and orientation session.
- Project work and team meetings may take place during the week during business hours, in the evenings, and/or on weekends depending on what’s needed for each project and what works for each specific team.
- Teams typically have three to four client meetings during regular business hours at the client site.