Taking Classes at Booth
Learn from the world’s top business faculty in business classes at Chicago Booth.
Booth courses are available to UChicago undergraduate and graduate students and Chicago Booth alumni.
Current UChicago students and Booth alumni can use the links below to learn more and request enrollment. Tuition charges are based on the tuition policy and rate for your department or division.
Winter 2023 Registration
- The Non-Booth registration link opens December 14 at 10am CST.
- Enrollments are processed and results will be emailed starting December 19 & 20. The deadline to enroll is January 9th at 8am CST.
- **Winter 2023 Update**: To accommodate for the university-wide Winter Recess, the Booth Registrar's Office will pause enrollments between December 21 - December 30th.
- The add/swap form will remain open and enrollment processing will resume at the start of the quarter. Please mark these registration dates to plan accordingly.
- Law School enrollments will be processed beginning December 19th. The Law Student enrollment deadline is January 5.
- The first day of Winter quarter is January 3, 2023. The quarter is nine weeks long and ends March 11.
- Scroll down to see a full calendar of quarterly deadlines and important milestones.
- Email BoothRegistrar@Lists.ChicagoBooth.edu with questions.
If you’re not a current UChicago student, you may be able to register for Booth classes through the Graham School of Continuing Liberal and Professional Studies as a Graduate Student-at-Large - Business (GSALB). Up to three GSALB courses can be transferred into Booth’s Evening MBA, Weekend MBA, and Full-Time MBA Programs.
|Summer 2022||Autumn 2022||Winter 2023||Spring 2023|
|First Day of MBA Class Sections||
|First Day of Business Economics Class Sections||
|Deadline to Enroll in an MBA-level Booth Course||
|Deadline to Register for Individual Study or Submit Consent for Official Audit||
|Deadline to Drop Without a "W" Grade||July 1||
|Deadline to Request Pass/Fail Grading||July 8||Oct. 21||Jan. 27
|Deadline to Withdraw Without Faculty Consent||July 29
||Nov. 11||Feb. 17
|Deadline to Withdraw with Faculty Consent||Aug. 12||Dec. 2||March 3
|Deadline to Request an Incomplete||
|Finals Week (Note: The Booth Final Exam Schedule Differs from the University's Exam Schedule)||
||Dec. 5-10||March 6-11||May 23 - May 27*
*MBA final exams may take place the Saturday of convocation.
Accessing Course Materials on Canvas
If your course uses Canvas, it will appear on your Canvas dashboard in the Courses menu. If you can’t access the course site, email the Booth Registrar’s Office and you’ll be added to Canvas within 24 hours.
Booth Book Fee
Booth charges a $25 materials fee for each course. The fee is nonrefundable for courses dropped after Friday, Week 2 of the quarter. You may also need to buy textbooks for your courses.