Here’s how to enroll in courses at Booth if you’re a UChicago student, a Graham School student, or a Chicago Booth alumnus.
Taking Classes at Booth
Learn from the world’s top business faculty in business classes at Chicago Booth.
Booth courses are available to UChicago undergraduate and graduate students and Chicago Booth alumni.
Current UChicago students and Booth alumni can use the links below to learn more and request enrollment. Tuition charges are based on the tuition policy and rate for your department or division.
Winter 2021 Booth Enrollment
- The first day of Winter quarter is January 11, 2021. The quarter is nine weeks long and ends March 20.
- All Booth courses may be taken fully remotely.
- During the first week all courses will be fully remote. Starting week 2, courses being offered in dual-modality will offer in-person attendance. Eligible students will be assigned weeks for in-person attendance after successful enrollment.
- The Winter 2021 pre-registration link opens January 4 at 8am. Pre-registration runs through January 7th at 8am.
- Add/Swap enrollment opens January 7th at 5pm and runs through January 19th at 8am. This is a firm enrollment deadline and there are no exceptions, even with faculty permission.
- Scroll down to see a full calendar of quarterly deadlines and important milestones.
- Email BoothRegistrar@Lists.ChicagoBooth.edu with questions.
Here’s how to request pass/fail grading, withdraw, and make other enrollment adjustments after you have enrolled in an MBA-level course.
Here's information about Chicago Booth courses offered as part of the College’s specialization in business economics.
|Summer 2020||Autumn 2020||Winter 2021||Spring 2021|
|First Day of MBA Class Sections||June 22||Sept. 21||Jan. 11||March 29|
|First Day of Business Economics Class Sections||N/A||Sept. 29||Jan. 11||March 29|
|Deadline to Enroll in an MBA-level Booth Course||June 29||Sept. 28*||Jan. 19||April 5|
|Deadline to Register for Individual Study or Submit Consent for Official Audit||July 6||Oct. 2||Jan. 29||April 9|
|Deadline to Drop Without a "W" Grade||July 10||Oct. 11||Jan. 31||April 18|
|Deadline to Request Pass/Fail Grading||July 21||Oct. 18||Feb. 7||April 25|
|Deadline to Withdraw Without Faculty Consent||Aug. 7||Nov. 6||Feb. 26||May 16|
|Deadline to Withdraw with Faculty Consent||Aug. 21||Nov. 29||March 12||June 5|
|Deadline to Request an Incomplete||Aug. 21||Nov. 29||March 12||June 5|
|Finals Week (Note: The Booth Final Exam Schedule Differs from the University's Exam Schedule)||Aug. 26–31||Nov. 30-Dec. 4||March 15-20||June 7-12**|
*The deadline to enroll in a Business Economics section is Friday, October 2.
**MBA final exams may take place the Saturday of convocation.
Accessing Course Materials on Canvas
If your course uses Canvas, it will appear on your Canvas dashboard in the Courses menu. If you can’t access the course site, email the Booth Registrar’s Office and you’ll be added to Canvas within 24 hours.
Booth Book Fee
Booth charges a $25 materials fee for each course. The fee is nonrefundable for courses dropped after Friday, Week 2 of the quarter. You may also need to buy textbooks for your courses.
Questions about taking a Chicago Booth course? Review our FAQ for answers.