We'll be hosting IDDEAS@Booth/Kellogg in-person on Monday, November 6 and Tuesday, November 7, 2023.
About the Program
The program, cohosted by Chicago Booth and Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management, seeks to attract a diverse group of promising undergraduate students and introduce them to research at the doctoral level. The goal of this program is to support and encourage student and faculty diversity in business schools.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about doctoral-level research in business
- Get information about graduate school opportunities
- Receive advice and insights on the application process
- Meet and interact with current doctoral students and faculty
- Discuss careers in research and teaching
Ideal candidates for the IDDEAS program are current college sophomores, juniors, or seniors with strong quantitative skills and academic records. Because of its strong belief in the value of diversity (broadly defined) in the pursuit of its educational mission, Chicago Booth strongly encourages participation from students who bring to bear on the educational experience a diversity of viewpoints, backgrounds, and experiences, including groups that historically have been underrepresented in business schools.
The application is now closed.
A complete application contains the following:
1. IDDEAS application (submitted online)
2. Two essays - the required essay and one of three optional essays (uploaded as part of IDDEAS application)
3. Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (uploaded as part of IDDEAS application)
4. One letter of recommendation (must be completed by a faculty member or advisor). Letters of recommendation should be emailed directly to Amity James (email@example.com) & Jo Ann Yablonka (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the recommender. We cannot accept recommendations from the applicant.
||Welcome and Introductions|
|2:15-3:30 p.m.||A Scholar's Journey|
|3:30-4:15 p.m.||Discussion with Current PhD Students|
|4:15-4:30 p.m.||Day 1 Questions|
|1:00-1:45 p.m.||Welcome and Faculty Panel|
|1:45-3:15 p.m.||Practicing Research|
|3:15-3:45 p.m.||Presenting Research|
|4:00-4:30 p.m.||Admissions Panel Discussion|
|4:30-5:00 p.m.||Closing Thoughts and Program Conclusion|
The IDDEAS program originated at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania to support and encourage student and faculty diversity. It is our shared goal that the IDDEAS program will expose students from diverse backgrounds to the rich possibilities of careers in research and academia. To learn more about what past participants have said about IDDEAS, please visit the Wharton IDDEAS website.