Booth Alumni Nonprofit Consultants (BANC)
BANC supports Chicago-based nonprofits with pro bono strategy, planning and advisory services delivered by Booth alumni. Our projects tap into Booth strengths: strategic thinking, analytical, management, planning and leadership skills.
“Nonprofit organizations are notoriously under-resourced. The BANC team assisted our organization in providing our stakeholders with mission-impact indicators in a clear, consistent and concise way. Without access to their talent, this project would still be on our wish list."
- Karen Hartman, Vice President and CFO, Prevent Blindness
- Projects last about 6 months from when work begins
- BANC typically serves 5-7 nonprofit clients during each cycle. Currently, nonprofit clients must be based in the Chicago area and preference will be given to Chicago area alumni. We will be looking into expanding to other cities in the future.
- Alumni are matched to projects based on their interests and the skills needed for each project.
- Unfortunately, due to high demand not all nonprofits or alumni who apply can be selected. We do maintain pipelines of both potential clients and consultants so we look forward to staying in touch to make you aware of future opportunities as they become available.
|Upcoming Project Cycle Timing:
| Nonprofits Apply
|| Deadline: May 21, 2021
| Client projects selected
|| Mid June 2021
| Alumni volunteers apply
|| Late July - mid August 2021
| Consultants selected and teams formed
|| Early September 2021
| BANC Orientation/project work begins
|| Mid September 2021
| Projects Completed
|| March-April 2022
Nonprofit applications will be available in November 2021 and due in mid-January 2022 for our next round of projects starting in April 2022.
Click here to find out more about the types of projects we do and criteria for nonprofits. You can click here to fill out an interest form for a future project cycle.
Click here for more information on what we look for in BANC consultants and the time commitment required. Alumni applications for our next round of projects will be available in February 2022. In the meantime, please fill out an Alumni Interest Form to learn more about BANC and get on our mailing list.