Booth Alumni Nonprofit Consultants (BANC)
BANC supports Chicago-based nonprofits with pro bono strategy, planning and advisory services delivered by Booth alumni. Our projects tap into Booth strengths: strategic thinking, analytical, management, planning and leadership skills.
“The BANC team exemplified the key value of Booth alums – an amazing bench of c-suite talent from across industry, coming together to examine process not just as it is, but imagine what it could be – all in the spirit of creating tighter efficiencies and broader solutions that enable social purpose organizations to more effectively deliver on mission."
- Maria Kim, President and CEO, Cara
Until further notice all BANC projects will take place virtually, based on University of Chicago guidelines
- Projects last about 6 months from when work begins
- BANC typically serves 5-7 nonprofit clients during each cycle. Currently, nonprofit clients must be based in the Chicago area and preference will be given to Chicago area alumni. We will be looking into expanding to other cities in the future.
- Alumni are matched to projects based on their interests and the skills needed for each project.
- Unfortunately, due to high demand not all nonprofits or alumni who apply can be selected. We do maintain pipelines of both potential clients and consultants so we look forward to staying in touch to make you aware of future opportunities as they become available.
|Upcoming Project Cycle Timing:
| Nonprofits Apply
|| Deadline: May 21, 2021
| Client projects selected
|| Mid June 2021
| Alumni volunteers apply
|| Late July - mid August 2021
| Consultants selected and teams formed
|| Early September 2021
| BANC Orientation/project work begins
|| Mid September 2021
| Projects Completed
|| March-April 2022
Click here to find out more about the types of projects we do and criteria for nonprofits. You can click here to fill out an interest form for a future project cycle.
Click here for more information on what we look for in BANC consultants and the time commitment required. The alumni application will be available once the client projects are selected. In the meantime, please fill out an Alumni Interest Form to be sure you’ll hear from us with all project updates updates.