Chicago Booth Scholars Program
If you are a fourth-year student in the College at the University of Chicago, you can apply for admission to Chicago Booth’s Full-Time MBA Program through the unique Chicago Booth Scholars Program (PDF). Booth Scholars will complete the application for the Full-Time MBA Program; those who are selected for participation will be provisionally admitted, and granted an automatic two-year deferment (a third year can be requested). During the deferment period, Booth Scholars are expected to seek substantive work experience that will position them to succeed at Chicago Booth and beyond.
Candidates for the Chicago Booth Scholars Program should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Quality work experience (internships, part-time jobs, and/or entrepreneurial spirit)
- Competitive GPA
- Competitive GMAT or GRE score
- Student leadership role(s) throughout college
- Intellectual curiosity
- Demonstration of the ability to question the status quo, engage in the process of learning, and thrive in an academically rigorous environment
- Personal maturity
- Ability to talk about the need for an MBA in the near future and articulate a possible career path
Chicago Booth recognizes and values the diversity of backgrounds of all applicants; therefore, all University of Chicago fourth-year students are welcome to apply to the Chicago Booth Scholars Program, regardless of major.
The deadline to apply for the Chicago Booth Scholars Program is April 3, 2014. Interviews will be offered by invitation only and will take place from mid- to late- April. Final admission decisions will be released on May 21, 2013. Interested students may start the Chicago Booth Scholars application anytime by using the online application system for the Full-Time MBA Program (the fee will be waived).
Contact Meghan Keedy, associate director for Full-Time Admissions, at 773.702.5921 or meghan.keedy@ChicagoBooth.edu.