Capitalisn’t is a podcast from the University of Chicago’s Stigler Center in collaboration with the Chicago Booth Review.
Co-hosts: Professor Luigi Zingales and Bethany McLean
Producer: Matt Hodapp
Cover Art by Michael DiStasi
On the cover, from the top left corner:
- Adam Smith — Scottish economist, philosopher, and author as well as a moral philosopher, a pioneer of political economy, also known as ''The Father of Capitalism''
- Karl Marx — German philosopher, economist, historian, sociologist, political theorist, journalist and socialist revolutionary
- W. Arthur Lewis — Economist, James Madison Professor of Political Economy at Princeton University, and recipient of the 1979 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences
- Rosa Luxemburg — Polish Marxist, philosopher, economist, anti-war activist and revolutionary socialist
- Milton Friedman — American economist, recipient of the 1976 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences, and one of the leaders of the "Chicago School"
- Deng Xiaoping — Paramount leader of the People's Republic of China (1978-1989), known as the "Architect of Modern China"
- John Maynard Keynes — British economist whose ideas form the basis for the Keynesian economics school of thought
- Hugo Chávez — President of Venezuela (1999-2013)
- Margaret Thatcher — Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (1979-1990) and Leader of the Conservative Party (1975-1990)
The original photos used to create our show's cover art are available courtesy of their respective creators under the following creative commons licenses:
- Adam Smith — Etching created by Cadell and Davies (1811), John Horsburgh (1828) or R.C. Bell (1872). / Public domain
- Karl Marx — John Jabez Edwin Mayal / Public domain
- W. Arthur Lewis — AP Photo
- Rosa Luxemburg — Unknown author / Public domain
- Milton Friedman — The Friedman Foundation for Educational Choice / CC0
- Deng Xiaoping — Unknown author / Public domain
- John Maynard Keynes — John Maynard Keynes 1929 - Unknown author / Public domain
- Hugo Chávez — Dilma Rousseff / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)
- Margaret Thatcher — Probably Terence Donovan / Copyrighted free use