Candidates for the Chicago Booth Scholars Program should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Quality work experience (internships, part-time jobs, and/or entrepreneurial spirit)
- Competitive GPA
- Competitive GMAT or GRE score
- Student leadership role(s) throughout college
- Intellectual curiosity
- Demonstration of the ability to question the status quo, engage in the process of learning, and thrive in an academically rigorous environment
- Personal maturity
- Ability to talk about the need for an MBA in the near future and articulate a possible career path
Chicago Booth recognizes and values the diversity of backgrounds of all applicants; therefore, all University of Chicago fourth-year students are welcome to apply to the Chicago Booth Scholars Program, regardless of major.
The deadline to apply for the Chicago Booth Scholars Program is April 4, 2017, 5:00PM CST. Interviews will be offered by invitation only and will take place from mid- to late- April. Final admission decisions will be released on May 18, 2017. Interested students may start the Chicago Booth Scholars application by using the online application system for the Full-Time MBA Program (the fee will be waived, you may disregard the payment message). The application will open on Monday, November 14, 2016.
The Admissions team will host information sessions over the academic year to introduce interested candidates to the program and cover specific application details. Please join us for a Fall information session on Tuesday, November 15th. Register here.
We receive many questions about applying to the Booth Scholars Program and have provided answers to several frequently asked questions about the program and application process.