Chicago Booth recognizes and values the diversity of backgrounds of all applicants; therefore, all University of Chicago fourth-year students are welcome to apply to the Chicago Booth Scholars Program, regardless of major. Here's an overview of the application process:
1. Application - Please use our online application system. [Select: 2017 Full-Time MBA Program » 2017 Chicago Booth Scholars]
2. Interviews - An interview will be granted on an invitation-only basis after evaluation of a submitted application. A candidate who receives an invitation will have only one interview.
3. Decisions - All candidates are informed of admission decisions through the online system according to the schedule listed below.
|November 14, 2016
|| April 4, 2017
|| May 18, 2017
Complete an Application
A complete submission will consist of the following items:
- Completed application with required personal background
- Completed essay questions
- Professional resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- Unofficial (scanned) transcripts from all post-secondary educational institutions attended. Note: Official transcripts are requested from admitted students only.
- GMAT or GRE score (GMAT code: H9X-9F-34; GRE code: 0685). Note: self-reported scores are required at the time of submission, official scores are required from admitted students only.
- The application fee will be waived for University of Chicago fourth-year students applying to the Chicago Booth Scholars Program; you may disregard the payment message.
Submitting Your Application
Submitting an application and materials can be done electronically through our online application system. Select: Full-Time MBA Program » Chicago Booth Scholars. The system includes step-by-step instructions for completing the application, including the process for submitting transcripts, essays, and letters of recommendation. You may make changes and edits to an application at any time prior to submission. Registration and creation of a username and password are required to begin the online application.
Interviews will be granted on an invitation-only basis after evaluation of a submitted application. Candidates invited to interview will be contacted by the mid-decision date with instructions on how to schedule an interview.
A candidate who receives an invitation will have only one interview. Interviews are conducted by admissions staff, students, or alumni. They are held on campus or in a location convenient for the prospective student. All interviews, regardless of who conducts them, receive equal weight in the evaluation process.
An interview is required for admission. However, completing an interview does not guarantee admission.
Your application must be submitted on the day of the deadline in order to be considered for a particular application round. This includes receipt of all required online and mailed-in materials.
Learn more about Chicago Booth and how a Chicago MBA will transform you by attending one of our informational events. We host receptions, participate in MBA forums and campus fairs, and offer campus visit programs so you can gain insight into our distinct MBA program and our diverse community.
Throughout the year, you will have multiple opportunities to engage with Booth Admissions staff, alumni, and current students. Our informational events will give you a comprehensive look at our Full-Time MBA Program and help you understand how a Booth MBA will impact your career. You will learn about the Booth experience and what it’s like to be a member of our community. We are adding events on a regular basis, so we encourage you to visit this page often.
Below are descriptions of our informational events:
- Chicago Booth Scholars Information Sessions - Our information sessions will provide you with an in-depth overview of the Chicago Booth Scholars Program, as well as offer insight into the Booth admissions process. Hosted by Admissions staff, these sessions consist of a presentation and a panel discussion with our current Booth Scholars. These events are held throughout the year.
- Chicago Booth Scholars Student-Hosted Event - At our student-hosted events you will have the unique opportunity to engage with our current students in a relaxed and informal environment. Held throughout the year, these gatherings are a great way to learn more about the Booth community and student experience.
- Online Chats - Through our online chats, you will have an opportunity to participate in a discussion with Booth Admissions staff, alumni, and current students. Learn more and register for online chats »
- Campus Fairs - We participate in several campus fairs throughout the year. Sponsored by campus partners like the Center for Leadership and Involvement and Career Advancement, these events will provide you with the opportunity to meet Booth Admissions staff.
- Campus Visit Program - Our campus visit program will introduce you to The Chicago Approach and Booth’s unique community and culture. Experience a day in the life of a Booth student with faculty discussions, panels, and social events designed specifically to introduce you to life at Booth. Conveniently located at the Charles M. Harper Center on campus, this program is offered throughout the academic year. Learn more and register for a visit »