Chicago Booth Scholars Program
Fourth-year undergraduates at the University of Chicago can apply for admission to Chicago Booth’s Full-Time MBA Program through the unique Chicago Booth Scholars Program (PDF). Booth Scholars will complete the application for the Full-Time MBA Program. Those who are selected for participation will be provisionally admitted and granted an automatic three-year deferment. During the deferment period, Booth Scholars are expected to seek substantive work experience that will position them to succeed at Chicago Booth and beyond.
Candidates for the Chicago Booth Scholars Program should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Quality work experience (internships, part-time jobs, and/or entrepreneurial spirit)
- Competitive GPA
- Competitive GMAT or GRE score
- Student leadership role(s) throughout college
- Intellectual curiosity
- Demonstration of the ability to question the status quo, engage in the process of learning, and thrive in an academically rigorous environment
- Personal maturity
- Ability to talk about the need for an MBA in the near future and articulate a possible career path
Chicago Booth recognizes and values the diversity of backgrounds of all applicants; therefore, all University of Chicago fourth-year students are welcome to apply to the Chicago Booth Scholars Program, regardless of major. Here's an overview of the application process:
1. Application - Please use our online application system. [Select: 2017 Full-Time MBA Program » 2017 Chicago Booth Scholars]
2. Interviews - An interview will be granted on an invitation-only basis after evaluation of a submitted application. A candidate who receives an invitation will have only one interview.
3. Decisions - All candidates are informed of admission decisions through the online system according to the schedule listed below.
|November 14, 2016
|| April 4, 2017
|| May 18, 2017
* The application fee will be waived for University of Chicago fourth-year students applying to the Chicago Booth Scholars Program; you may disregard the payment message.
Learn more about Chicago Booth and how a Chicago MBA will transform you by attending one of our informational events. We host receptions, participate in MBA forums and campus fairs, and offer campus visit programs so you can gain insight into our distinct MBA program and our diverse community.
Throughout the year, you will have multiple opportunities to engage with Booth Admissions staff, alumni, and current students. Our informational events will give you a comprehensive look at our Full-Time MBA Program and help you understand how a Booth MBA will impact your career. You will learn about the Booth experience and what it’s like to be a member of our community. We are adding events on a regular basis, so we encourage you to visit this page often.
Below are descriptions of our informational events:
- Chicago Booth Scholars Information Sessions - Our information sessions will provide you with an in-depth overview of the Chicago Booth Scholars Program, as well as offer insight into the Booth admissions process. Hosted by Admissions staff, these sessions consist of a presentation and a panel discussion with our current Booth Scholars. These events are held throughout the year.
- Chicago Booth Scholars Student-Hosted Event - At our student-hosted events you will have the unique opportunity to engage with our current students in a relaxed and informal environment. Held throughout the year, these gatherings are a great way to learn more about the Booth community and student experience.
- Online Chats - Through our online chats, you will have an opportunity to participate in a discussion with Booth Admissions staff, alumni, and current students. Learn more and register for online chats »
- Campus Fairs - We participate in several campus fairs throughout the year. Sponsored by campus partners like the Center for Leadership and Involvement and Career Advancement, these events will provide you with the opportunity to meet Booth Admissions staff.
- Campus Visit Program - Our campus visit program will introduce you to The Chicago Approach and Booth’s unique community and culture. Experience a day in the life of a Booth student with faculty discussions, panels, and social events designed specifically to introduce you to life at Booth. Conveniently located at the Charles M. Harper Center on campus, this program is offered throughout the academic year. Learn more and register for a visit »
We receive many questions about applying to the Booth Scholars Program and have provided answers to several frequently asked questions about the program and application process.
Follow The Booth Scholars MBA Path
Attend Fourth Year at University of Chicago
Jumpstart your future. Take the GMAT/GRE and prep for Booth's MBA application.
Submit Booth Scholars Application
Apply to Booth's Full-Time MBA Program early and get into this special deferment program.
Graduate and Start Your Job
Your MBA path is set. Now go experince work and life for three years.
Work for Three Years
Take time to discover your career passions, build professional skills, and develop leadershp potential while on the job.
Engage with Booth
Take the initiative to connect with current students and alumni, subscribe to newsletters, and attend Booth events.
Explore Your Community
Choose to venture outside your office walls and get involved with your community.
See the world
Seek out opportunities to experience new places and cultures.
Further personel growth
Don't forget to nurture your own personal passions and interests outside of work.
Begin Booth's Full-Time MBA Program
Now that you have real-world work experience, breeze back into school to get your Booth MBA. (No application. You're already in!)
Contact BoothScholars@ChicagoBooth.edu or 773.702.7369 with questions regarding the Booth Scholars Program.