Chicago Booth Scholars Program
Undergraduate students who are considering an MBA in the future can apply to Chicago Booth’s Full-Time MBA Program during their final year of studies. The Chicago Booth Scholars Program allows you to complete the MBA application process while still at your undergraduate institution, then start at Chicago Booth after a conditional two to four year deferment period for professional experience. Chicago Booth Scholars is an early impact program that offers promising undergraduates the chance to secure a seat in the next generation of MBA talent.
2018 Program Snapshot
- Undergraduates Admitted
- 43 Booth Scholars
- Deferment Period
- 2-4 Years of Professional Work Experience
- GMAT Range
- GPA Range
The 2019 Application is Open
Request more information about the Chicago Booth Scholars Program or review the criteria below and start your application today »
How to Apply
Any current undergraduate student in their final year of study is eligible. We accept applicants from all undergraduate institutions. Candidates for the Chicago Booth Scholars Program are intellectually curious with personal maturity, competitive scores, and demonstrated leadership throughout college. Applicants also display a track record of quality internships, part-time jobs, and/or an entrepreneurial spirit.
Booth Scholars represent diverse interests and backgrounds.
| Computer Science
| Engineering Science
|| Investment Banking
| Political Science
| Public Policy
Chicago Booth recognizes and values the diversity of backgrounds of all applicants. Candidates for the Chicago Booth Scholars Program should be able to articulate a potential career path and why an MBA is necessary in the near future. It is also important to show the ability to question the status quo, engage in the process of learning, and thrive in an academically rigorous environment.
|April 4, 2019
11:59 pm CST
|Late April - Early May
||May 16, 2019
9 am CST
1. Apply Online
Open a Chicago Booth Scholars application through our online application system.
The $250 application fee will be waived for Chicago Booth Scholars applicants.
2. Complete the Application by April 4, 2019
A complete submission will consist of the following items:
- Biographical and background information
- Essay questions:
- What do you plan to accomplish after graduation and prior to starting your MBA?
- What is your immediate post-MBA career goal?
- How will the Booth MBA help you achieve your post-MBA career goals?
- Chicago Booth immerses you in a choice-rich environment. How have your interests, leadership experiences, and other passions influenced the choices in your life?
- Professional resume
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one professional)
- Unofficial (scanned) transcripts from all post-secondary educational institutions attended. Official transcripts are requested from admitted students only.
- GMAT or GRE score (GMAT code: H9X-9F-34; GRE code: 0685). Self-reported scores are required at the time of submission, official scores are required from admitted students only.
- International Applicants: An english language proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE) is required. An international applicant is exempt from the TOEFL/IELTS/PTE requirement if:
- They have earned an undergraduate degree from an institution in which English is the language of instruction.
- They are a citizen or permanent resident of a country where English is an official language.
3. In-Person Interview
Interviews are granted on an invitation-only basis after the evaluation of a submitted application. They are conducted by Admissions staff, students, or alumni. A candidate who receives an invitation will have one interview and the opportunity to move forward in the application process. Please note that completing an interview does not guarantee admission.
4. Admissions Decision
All candidates are informed of admission decisions through the online system. Applicants selected for participation in Chicago Booth Scholars will be provisionally admitted to Chicago Booth’s Full-Time MBA Program and granted an automatic two to four year deferment.
Booth Scholars have flexibility in the timing of their deferment. You have a minimum of two years and a maximum of four years to enroll in Chicago Booth's Full-Time MBA Program. If applicants wish to continue working at the end of their deferment, there is also an opportunity to choose to enroll in either the Evening MBA or Weekend MBA Program.
Events are a great way to discover more about the Chicago Booth Scholars Program. We host receptions, participate in MBA forums and campus fairs, and offer on-campus visits so you can learn more about the distinct benefits of the program.
- Information Sessions: Held throughout the year by Admissions staff, these presentations and panel discussions with current Booth Scholars offer an in-depth overview of the Chicago Booth Scholars Program, as well as insights into the admissions process.
- Student-Hosted Events: You have the unique opportunity to engage with our current students in a relaxed and informal environment. These casual gatherings pop up throughout the year and are a great way to find out more about the Booth community and student experience.
- Online Chats: If you are unable to visit campus, our virtual chats allow you to participate in a discussion with Booth Admissions staff, alumni, and current students. Learn more and register »
- Campus Fairs: Chicago Booth Admissions staff will come to you! We participate in several undergraduate fairs every year—and are adding new locations on a regular basis—so check back to find an event in a city near you.
In addition to the specific Chicago Booth Scholars events listed above, we invite you to engage directly with Booth’s Full-Time MBA events.
- View our events page to see upcoming information sessions and student-hosted events in your area.
- Join us for a campus visit. Hear from Admissions, attend a class, tour the building with current Full-Time students, and get an introduction to our unique philosophy known as The Chicago Approach. Learn more and register for a visit »
Once admitted to the Chicago Booth Scholars Program, you are officially a part of the Booth community. Throughout your deferment period, you'll have access to events, quarterly meetups, and connections to Booth Scholars alumni and current students.
Check out our main FAQ page to get your Chicago Booth Scholars questions answered.
Can't locate an answer? Please feel free to contact us.
Follow The Chicago Booth Scholars MBA Path
Attend Final Year of Undergraduate Study
Jump-start your future. Take the GMAT/GRE and prep for Booth's MBA application.
Submit Chicago Booth Scholars Application
Apply to Booth's Full-Time MBA Program early and get into this special deferment program.
Graduate and Start Your Job
Your MBA path is set. Now go experience work and life.
Work for 2 - 4 Years
Take time to discover your career passions, build professional skills, and develop leadership potential while on the job.
Engage with Booth
Take the initiative to connect with current students and alumni, subscribe to newsletters, and attend Booth events.
Explore Your Community
Choose to venture outside your office walls and get involved with your community.
See the World
Seek out opportunities to experience new places and cultures.
Further Personal Growth
Don't forget to nurture your own personal passions and interests outside of work.
Begin Booth MBA
Now that you have real-world work experience, breeze back into school to get your Booth MBA. (No application. You're already in!)
Email or call 773.702.7369 with questions regarding the Chicago Booth Scholars Program.