Dean’s Student Admissions Committee (DSAC)
The Dean’s Student Admissions Committee (DSAC) co-chairs and volunteers assist the Office of Admissions in both the recruitment and evaluation of prospective students. DSAC is an excellent way to get involved, make an impact on the school, get to know fellow students and staff, and have fun. You can get involved in the areas that interest you the most. Involvement in DSAC allows you to balance your commitments with your class and extracurricular schedule. Members participate in the admissions process in the following ways:
- Campus Visit Program: Students host on-campus information sessions, campus tours, and prospective student lunches during the campus visit program. Students also escort prospective students to class to give them a taste of the academic environment at Chicago Booth.
- The Booth Experience blog: Check out and write for The Booth Experience blog to learn about or share with prospective students the many of the diverse aspects of the student experience at Chicago Booth.
- The Booth Experience Facebook page: Visit and like our Facebook page, The Booth Experience, to find out more about the day-to-day life of Booth students and what you can expect at Booth outside of the classroom. Through videos, photos and stories, prospective students will learn about student life through actual experiences from current students.
- The Booth Experience Twitter: Find us on Twitter @TheBoothExp to read up on the day-to-day life of Booth students in 140 characters or less, or tweet us about your Booth classes, social life or fun in Chicago.
- Admitted Student Phone-a-thons: Students contact newly admitted students to welcome them to the community, and answer any questions they may have about the program.
- Admit Weekends: Admit Weekend is a showcase weekend in February and April for admitted students and partners to visit the campus and assist them in their decision-making process. Current students can participate in the planning and execution of these important student-led events.
- Student-hosted Events: DSAC volunteers host casual events all over the world during the winter and summer breaks to meet with prospective and admitted students and share their experience at Chicago Booth.
- Reading Applications: Admissions Fellows are a group of second-year DSAC members who have been hired by the Admissions Office to read and evaluate applications. Applications are evaluated by both student and staff readers throughout the admissions process and final decisions are made by the Associate Dean of Admissions. Students provide a critical perspective in regards to the applicant pool, and are instrumental in shaping future Chicago Booth classes. Application reading takes place October through April.
- Interviewing: Our Admissions Fellows also conduct interviews of prospective students. They provide the Admissions Committee with their personal assessment of the candidates, and the data to support that assessment.
If you have a question that you would like addressed by a current student, please email us at dsac@ChicagoBooth.edu.
Josh Hirschland and Amanda Needham, Campus Visit
Freddy Elorza and Matt Richman, Communications
Tracey Jackson and Megan Portanova, Admit Weekend
Tolu Oyekan and Cristina Pereira, International