Chicago Booth Alumni Club of Hong Kong
Network, learn, socialize, and stay connected with Chicago Booth alumni in your area.
The primary objective of the Hong Kong Club is to serve alumni by connecting them with each other, with the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, and with the local community through social and speaker events with local and international business leaders, dignitaries, and scholars.
The mission of the Chicago Booth Alumni Club of Hong Kong is to:
- Foster relationships among the alumni community in HK, and foster the connection with the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and the University at large.
- Provide support and opportunity for alumni in HK for social interaction, professional networking, continuing education, and intellectual discussion.
- Support Chicago Booth to promote awareness and enhance the image and value of the Chicago Booth as the preeminent institution among the business community and prospective students.
- Assist the school in its fundraising activities and sponsorship initiatives for Booth events, courses, or programs.
History and founding fathers
The Chicago Booth Alumni Club of Hong Kong was cofounded in the late 1970s by Lincoln Yung, MBA ’70, and John Soong, MBA ’42. The primary objective of the club is to serve alumni by connecting them with each other, and with the local community through social and speaker events with local and international business leaders, dignitaries, and scholars.
Brian Tsui, ’11
Daniel Wu, ’10
Alumni Club Committee (as of March 2018):
Betsy Chen, ’09 (AXP-8)
Ricky Gao, ’18 (AXP-16)
Yiwei Jiang, ’15
Christina Lee, ’13
Gary Lim, ’08 (AXP-7)
Vivian Xu, ’12
We gratefully acknowledge our past presidents and volunteers who have served the alumni community in Hong Kong:
Peter Williams, ’10 (AXP-9) - President
Cliff Ip, ’08 - Committee Member
Michael Sun, ’09 - Committee Member
Phoebe Tse, AB ’06 (Honorary) - Committee Member
Grace Zhang, ’16 (AXP-15) - Committee Member
Vivian Zhao, ’11 - Committee Member
Yong Kai Wong, ’09 (AXP-8)- Vice-President
Yin Peng Foo, ’12 (AXP-11) - Vice-President and EMBA Focus
Derek Chen, AB ’06, (Honorary) - Secretary
Gavin Yeung, ’12 - Admissions Liaison
Oisze Altonaga, ’11- Communications Chair
Michael Sun, ’09 - External Relations
Roger Xie, ’08 - Career Focus Group Chair
Jack Lai, ’11 - Social Chair
David Ji, ’13 - Sports Chair
Rosa Lee, ’08 (AXP-7) - President
King Leung, ’99 - President
Vincent Mak, ’07 - Vice President
Jayne Chu, ’05 - Program Chair
Spread the Word!
Benefits & Registration
Become a part of the Chicago Booth community in Hong Kong!
- Connect with other alums across the university who are based in Hong Kong and the region.
- Tap into a wider network of other alumni members from other universities through organized inter-alumni events held throughout the year.
- Get involved now by becoming a member! Simply email us your degree and graduation year to email@example.com to start receiving our newsletter with exciting events announcements.
For more information on the Hong Kong Alumni Club or to get on our email list, please contact us by our official email.
The University of Chicago
Booth School of Business
The Hong Kong Jockey Club University of Chicago Academic Complex | The University of Chicago Francis and Rose Yuen Campus in Hong Kong
168 Victoria Road
|There are no upcoming events|
|09/22/2022||Global Booth Day Hong Kong Celebration||Hong Kong||View Event|
|06/17/2022||Disruptive Industry Leader – Dr. Allan Zeman||Hong Kong||View Event|
|06/16/2022||Booth Alumni Happy Hour (BAHH) - Hong Kong||Hong Kong||View Event|
|06/08/2022||Workshop on Population Movements, Language Contact in East Asia and Southeast Asia, and Evolutionary||Hong Kong||View Event|
|05/26/2022||Contemporary Sounds of Southern China||Hong Kong||View Event|
|05/19/2022||The Next Explosive Leap with GBA Policies||Hong Kong||View Event|