If your college or university’s primary language of instruction is not English, you are required to take either the TOEFL or IELTS test, which measures the ability of nonnative speakers of English to use and understand English as it is spoken, written, and heard in American colleges/universities. Applicants are exempt if one of the following applies:
- You are currently attending or have earned an undergraduate degree from an institution in which English is the only language of instruction
- You have at least two years of full-time work experience in the United States
- You are a citizen or a permanent resident of a country where English is an official language
Once you’ve been admitted into SBSP, our program coordinators will work with the Office of International Affairs (OIA) to issue the documents needed to obtain a student visa. Before we can issue the I-20 form, you must upload the following through your student portal:
- Passport ID page, which shows your name, photo and the expiration date
- Completed Financial Resources Statement (FRS) form and financial documentation to prove the funding stated in the FRS
Once we have received all appropriate documents, OIA will issue your I-20 form. You’ll be able to check the status of your I-20, including the tracking number once it’s been shipped, through your student portal. When you receive your I-20 you must pay the SEVIS fee before you make a student visa appointment at a US embassy or consulate.
If admitted, you’ll be required to complete our online orientation to help you better understand your F-1 Student immigration status.