Impact Awards Guidelines
Rules for Nominating - All nominations must fit these parameters:
- Staff Awards nominations are open to all full-time and part-time staff who are employed at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
- Business Management Group, temporary employees, and contractors are not eligible to be nominated.
- Any staff member may nominate a colleague, direct report, or those who manage people. Staff are encouraged to think about colleagues outside of their own team when proposing nominees.
- Nominations must illustrate in writing how the individual or team has created an impact and an environment of Respect, Excellence, and Integrity. Excellent nominations also include staff and teams that fit into the following categories:
- Created Booth-wide Impact – Individual or team that has undoubtedly created a lasting impact on the school through their achievements.
- Unsung Heroes – Individual or team that has created a significant impact, but whose work is perhaps often unseen across the school.
- Initiative Leaders – Individual or team who has created and implemented an initiative that has impacted and furthered the school's mission.
- Morale Leaders – Individual or team that continues to lead and build upon the morale of a team and/or the school.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- An individual may not receive the award two consecutive years in a row, but may be nominated each year.
- Nominees must have at least one complete year of service. If, however, a nominee is a member of a team and s/he has less than one year of service, the team will still be eligible.
- Nominees must be in good standing (e.g., not on a PIP and no performance or disciplinary concerns).
- We encourage staff to nominate not only individuals, but teams as well. Teams may include members of a department or project teams. The team is defined by the nominator. Nominator must be able to explain why they consider this a team versus a work group or colleagues who work together sharing the same interest, but not necessarily the same department/project goal.
- The nomination period this year will focus on a biannual submission process that will look to continuously recognize staff as we all continue to extend ourselves and make sacrifices during these trying, unprecedented times. The first nomination window will open February 28, 2022 through March 25, 2022, with the winners announced shortly after, and will once again reopen August 1, 2022 through August 31, 2022.
Guidelines to assist with your nomination(s)
As you prepare your narrative in support of the staff member or team that you will nominate, we hope you will find the examples in this document useful. Your narrative must highlight examples of respect, integrity, or excellence that have had a positive impact on Chicago Booth.