Full-Time Course of Study
Chicago Booth's PhD Program is a full-time course of study. Most students take five years to complete degree requirements and defend their dissertations. Students begin active research at an early stage and work closely with faculty throughout the program. They are also quickly drawn into the school’s intellectual environment by participating in workshops, where the work of fellow researchers is vigorously discussed and debated.
As with the other Booth degree programs, the PhD curriculum is highly flexible. Within the scope of general requirements, students can design programs to suit their individual research interests and educational backgrounds.
For complete details on the program, see the PhD Program Brochure (PDF) and the PhD Program Guidebook (PDF). You can also contact the program staff.
Recruitment Events & Information Sessions
Representatives from the Chicago Booth doctoral program will attend the following events to share information about the Chicago Booth PhD Program, the student experience, and the admissions process. Events and event details, including timing/location and registration information, will be updated throughout the summer and fall.
- September 14, 2015--Georgia Institute of Technology (click here to register)
- October 12, 2015--University of Maryland, College Park (click here to register)
- October 13, 2015--Drexel University (click here to register)
- October 14, 2015-Harvard University (click here to register)
- November 17, 2015--Washington University, St. Louis (click here to register)
- November 18, 2015-Chicago, IL (details TBA)
- November 19, 2015--PhD Project, Chicago, IL (click here for more information)
PhD Program Office
The University of Chicago
Booth School of Business
5807 South Woodlawn Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60637