Chicago Booth's PhD Program is a full-time course of study. Most students take five years to complete degree requirements and defend their dissertations. Students begin active research at an early stage and work closely with faculty throughout the program. They are also quickly drawn into the school’s intellectual environment by participating in workshops, where the work of fellow researchers is vigorously discussed and debated.
As with the other Booth degree programs, the PhD curriculum is highly flexible. Within the scope of general requirements, students can design programs to suit their individual research interests and educational backgrounds.
For complete details on the program, see the PhD Program Brochure (PDF) and the PhD Program Guidebook (PDF). You can also contact the program staff.
On-Campus Information Sessions
A representative from the Chicago Booth PhD Program will share information about our programs and answer your questions. Information sessions are scheduled for approximately one hour on the dates/times below:
- Wednesday, October 4, 2017
- Wednesday, October 25, 2017
- Monday, November 6, 2017
- Tuesday, November 28, 2017
- Thursday, December 7, 2017
- Tuesday, December 12, 2017
A representative from the Chicago Booth PhD Program will share information about our programs and answer your questions. Chicago Booth faculty will be in attendance.
Off-Campus Admission Events & Information Sessions
Representatives from the Chicago Booth PhD Program, along with representatives from other doctoral programs in business, will attend the following events to share information about our programs, the student experience, and the admissions process. Events and event details, including timing/location and registration information, will be updated throughout the summer and fall, so please check back regularly.
- DocNet Recruiting Event: Rutgers University
September 25, 2017 5:30 p.m.
- Chicago Booth PhD Program Information Session: Cornell University
September 27, 2017 12:00 p.m.
- DocNet Recruiting Event: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
September 28, 2017 5:30 p.m.
- Harvey Mudd College STEM Fair
October 12, 2017 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Chicago Booth PhD Program Information Session: California Institute of Technology (registration link available soon)
October 13, 2017 12:00 p.m.
- Chicago Booth PhD Program Information Session: Northwestern University (registration link available soon)
October 17, 2017 12:00 p.m.
- Graduate and Professional School Fair: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
October 18, 2017 12:00-4:00 p.m.
- DocNet Recruiting Event: Emory University
November 14, 2017 5:30 p.m.
- DocNet Recruiting Event: Hyatt Regency O'Hare
November 15, 2017 5:30 p.m.
- PhD Project (click here for application)
November 16, 2017 3:00 p.m.
PhD Program Office
The University of Chicago
Booth School of Business
5807 South Woodlawn Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60637