The PhD Program matriculates new students in the autumn quarter only. There is no part-time or weekend option in the PhD Program. Applications must be submitted to the PhD Program Office by January 1 of each year for matriculation in September. You may only apply to one dissertation area per year. Applicants will be notified of their admissions decision by email in early March.
To apply, you will need to complete and submit:
- Application for admission
- Non refundable application fee ($65)
- Official GMAT or GRE scores (depending upon the dissertation area you are applying to)
- Official TOEFL/IELTS scores (international applicants only)
- Transcripts from all institutions attended after high school
- Two letters of reference
- Essay question responses
- Optional - writing sample (10-page limit)
If possible, please submit all these materials together, except the GMAT or GRE (and, if applicable, TOEFL/IELTS) scores. Applications that are incomplete at the deadline date will not be considered for admission. Please note that all application materials become the property of The University of Chicago Booth School of Business and cannot be returned.
The application for Autumn 2014 admission will be available in September 2013.
You may contact us with questions at:
PhD Program Office
The University of Chicago
Booth School of Business
5807 South Woodlawn Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60637