Chicago Booth's PhD Program is a full-time course of study. Most students take five years to complete degree requirements and defend their dissertations. Students begin active research at an early stage and work closely with faculty throughout the program. They are also quickly drawn into the school’s intellectual environment by participating in workshops, where the work of fellow researchers is vigorously discussed and debated.
As with the other Booth degree programs, the PhD curriculum is highly flexible. Within the scope of general requirements, students can design programs to suit their individual research interests and educational backgrounds.
For complete details on the program, see the PhD Program Brochure (PDF) and the PhD Program Guidebook (PDF). You can also contact the program staff.
Chicago Area Information Sessions
Representatives from the Chicago Booth PhD Program, including faculty, will attend the following information sessions to provide an overview of our program, including research, the student experience and admissions process, and will be available to answer your questions.
- Monday, October 19*
The Harper Center, Room C25
Please RSVP by Thursday, October 15
*RSVP is required, lunch will be provided
Off-Campus Admission Events & Information Sessions
Representatives from the Chicago Booth PhD Program, along with representatives from other doctoral programs in business, will attend the following events to share information about our programs, the student experience, and the admissions process. Events and event details, including timing/location and registration information, will be updated throughout the summer and fall.
- October 12, 2015—DocNet Event, University of Maryland, College Park (click here to register)
- October 13, 2015—DocNet Event, Drexel University (click here to register)
- October 14, 2015—DocNet Event, Harvard University (click here to register)
- November 17, 2015—DocNet Event, Washington University, St. Louis (click here to register)
- November 18, 2015—DocNet Event, Chicago, IL (details TBA)
- November 19, 2015—PhD Project, Chicago, IL (click here for more information)
PhD Program Office
The University of Chicago
Booth School of Business
5807 South Woodlawn Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60637