The Healthcare Analytics Laboratory at Chicago Booth brings the real-world business problems of the modern healthcare industry into the classroom.Explore Dan Adelman's Healthcare Analytics Laboratory Research
Healthcare Initiative Curriculum
The Healthcare Initiative offers students the chance to learn about the dynamic nature of the healthcare system.
Healthcare Courses at Booth
At Booth, we believe in a multidisciplinary approach to a business education. Our MBA students are educated in the fundamentals of business: accounting, economics, psychology, sociology, and statistics.
Among the many MBA courses at Booth exist a number of classes in which students learn the ins and outs of the healthcare industry and prepare themselves for career in the healthcare industry. These healthcare courses for MBA students include:
- Life Sciences: Innovation and Finance
- Healthcare Data Analytics
- Healthcare Analytics Lab
- Global Health and Social Policy
- Commercializing Innovation: Tools to Research and Analyze Private Enterprises
- New Venture Strategy
- Building the New Venture
- Social Enterprise Lab
- Managing Service Operations
- Entrepreneurship in Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Health Economics (Prof. Matthew Notowidigdo: Winter Quarter '23)
- Microeconomics Research and Reading Seminar (Prof. Matthew Notowidigdo: '22 - '23)
- Topics in Labor Economics (Prof. Matthew Notowidigdo: Spring Quarter '23)
- Healthcare Business Analytics (Prof. Dan Adelman: Autumn Quarter '23)
- Healthcare Data for Researchers (Prof. Dan Adelman: Spring Quarter '23)
Pritzker School of Medicine: MD/MBA Program
Armed with studies in economics, statistics, and the behavioral sciences, students with the MD/MBA dual degree are trained to become leaders in health care organizations.
Check Out the Pritzker School of Medicine: MD/MBA Program
Crown Family School of Social Work, Policy, and Practice: GPHAP
The Graduate Program in Health Administration and Policy (GPHAP) is a University-wide program housed at the Crown Family School of Social Work, Policy, and Practice. It is unique among health administration programs in the United States. Students may earn either a Certificate in Health Administration and Policy or a Certificate in Health Administration and Policy with a Concentration in Global Health, while earning a degree in one of the participating graduate schools on campus: The Booth School of Business, the Harris School of Public Policy, the Law School, the Pritzker School of Medicine, and the Crown Family School of Social Work, Policy, and Practice.
Imagine the Impact You Can Make
Join us as we make a positive impact on the healthcare industry.
Sign up to receive emails from the Healthcare Initiative, including our monthly newsletter and updates on research, training, collaboration, and innovation in the healthcare sector.
We want to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy. Please review Chicago Booth's privacy notice, which provides information explaining how and why we collect particular information when you visit our website.