Healthcare Courses at Booth
At Booth, we believe in a multidisciplinary approach to a business education. Our MBA students are educated in the fundamentals of business: accounting, economics, psychology, sociology, and statistics. Additionally, a number of the MBA courses at Booth help students learn the ins and outs of the healthcare industry, both through lecture and experiential learning formats. Many courses touch on aspects of and examples from healthcare, as a complex and critical business sector both in the US and globally.
- Health Economics*
- Healthcare Business Analytics* (Prof. Dan Adelman: Winter 2024)
- Life Sciences: Innovation and Finance*
- Entrepreneurship in Healthcare and Life Sciences* (Adjunct Prof. Brian Coe: Autumn '23)
- Global Health and Social Policy* (Drs. Christopher Sola and Olufunmilayo Olopade: Autumn '23)
- New Venture Challenge*
- New Social Ventures*
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Lab*
- Lab to Launch*
- Lab in Developing New Products and Services*
- Digital Marketing Lab*
- Healthcare Analytics Lab* - Applications for Winter 2024 open October 30th
- Consulting Lab*
- Social Impact Lab*
- Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation*
- Managing Service Operations
* Included within MBA Healthcare Concentration.
We also offer courses for PhD students seeking to deepen their industry knowledge.
- Health Economics Literature Seminar (Profs. Bradley Shapiro & Joshua Gottlieb: Autumn '23)
- Healthcare Data for Researchers
- Microeconomics Reading and Research Seminar
- Topics in Labor Economics
MBA Healthcare Concentration
Booth offers a four-course Concentration in Healthcare for MBA students. The concentration groups approved courses into three categories: Core, Electives, and Labs. The Core provides foundational knowledge and broadly applicable frameworks for understanding industry drivers. Elective courses follow-up with topics specific to either the payer/provider segment or the life sciences/products segment, depending on student interests. Lastly, a Lab project immerses students in a real-world challenge, providing a platform to reinforce learning and develop hands-on experience.
Read more about the Healthcare Concentration