Chicago Booth admits new students into the Full-Time MBA Program in the autumn quarter only. The process has two main components:
- Application - Please use our online application system.
- Admissions Interview - Interviews are by invitation only. All invitations to interview will be released by the mid-decision dates for each round.
Decisions will be released through the Application Status section of the online application system, in accordance with the schedule listed below. Learn more about admissions decisions.
|September 27, 2018
11:59 p.m. CST
|December 6, 2018
|January 3, 2019
11:59 p.m. CST
|March 21, 2019
|April 4, 2019
11:59 p.m. CST
|May 16, 2019
Complete an Application
A complete submission will consist of the following items:
- Required application questions
- Professional resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- Unofficial (scanned) transcripts from all post-secondary educational institutions attended. Note: Official transcripts are only requested after admission to the program.
- GMAT or GRE Score
Note: GMAT/GRE scores are valid for five years.
- TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores (international applicants only)
Note: TOEFL/IELTS/PTE scores are valid for two years.
- $250 application fee
Submitting Your Application
Submitting an application and materials can be done electronically through our online application system. Registration and creation of a username and password are required to begin the online application. The system includes:
- Step-by-step instructions for completing the application.
- Detailed process for submitting transcripts, application question responses, and letters of recommendation.
- Ability to make changes and edits to an application at any time prior to submission.
*The International MBA and joint degree programs require a special application process—please refer to the specific program of interest for relevant information.
Your application must be submitted prior to 11:59 p.m. CST on the day of the deadline in order to be considered for a particular application round.
- Applications must include all required online and mailed-in materials.
- Applications submitted after a deadline will automatically be considered in the next round, provided that all required materials are included with the application.
Interviews will be granted on an invitation-only basis after evaluation of a submitted application. Candidates invited to interview will be contacted by the mid-decision date with instructions on how to schedule an interview.
- Interviews are held on campus or in a location convenient for the prospective student.
- A candidate who receives an invitation will have only one interview, to be conducted by a current student, alumnus, or admissions staff member.
- All interviews, regardless of who conducts them, receive equal weight in the evaluation process.
- An interview is required for admission. However, completing an interview does not guarantee admission.