Investment Workshop Series: Preparation for the CIMA® Exams
Prepare for the CIMA® exams at our new online and in-person workshop series.
Incorporate this series into your Qualification Exam (QE) or Certification Exam (CE) study game plan. This series will help you prepare for the CIMA® exams by combining online and in-person workshops. These sessions use the same teaching methodology that has been tested and proven highly effective in the Booth CIMA Program.
As an added benefit, you'll receive a $300 credit toward the tuition for the Booth CIMA® Program, April 10-14, 2017, when you sign up for the workshop series.
- Eight convenient online workshops to lay the foundation: These 90-minute sessions will feature live instruction with Kathleen Fitzgerald, our CIMA content expert. You'll be able to ask questions in real time and play back all recorded online workshops at your convenience.
- Five online practice problem-solving sessions to reinforce material
- Two-day intensive capstone session in Chicago: Featuring an engaging and interactive classroom format, panel discussion to learn from prior students who are now CIMA designees, and the opportunity to network with peers.
- Numerous practice problems and access to an online Q&A platform
- Outstanding faculty: Kathleen Fitzgerald has a vested interest in helping you pass the exam and has been praised by past participants for her ability to teach the CIMA content in a way that is easy to understand and apply.
- A total of 31 hours of live instruction
Online workshops (7-8:15 p.m. CST): December 12, 15, 20, 27, 2016 and January 2, 9, 12, 18, 2017
Online practice problem-solving sessions (7 - 8 p.m. CST; sessions marked * are from 1 - 3 p.m. CST): December 18*, 22, 29, 2016 and January 3, 15*, 2017
Chicago capstone session: Friday, January 20 (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.); Saturday, January 21 (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
Receive a $300 credit toward the April 10-14, 2017 Booth CIMA Education Program
450 North Cityfront Plaza Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Management
Kathleen Fitzgerald is known at the University of Chicago as a superb educator. She teaches pre-MBA accounting and analytical methods at the University of Chicago Business School and Financial Accounting at the University of Chicago Law School.
CIMA candidates who are preparing for the Qualification or Certification Exam. This workshop series is applicable to a wide range of financial professionals, including independent advisors, investment consultants, national and regional broker-dealer representatives, and bank/trust employees.
Online workshops will cover:
1. TVM and Financial Calculators
2. Measuring and Calculating Returns
3. Descriptive Statistics and Measurement of Risk
4. Probability & Linear Regression
5. Portfolio Theory
6. Asset Allocation and the CAPM
7. Performance Measurement
8. Behavioral Finance, Market Efficiency and Technical Analysis
We will review the online material and cover the remaining topics in the CIMA study guide:
1. Applied Finance and Economics
2. Global Capital Markets History and Valuation
3. Traditional and Alternative Investments
4. Client Discovery
5. Investment Policy Statements
7. Formula Sheet Breakdown
8. Final Review
9. Practice Problems
Please note: It's possible to reserve a seat in the April 10-14, 2017 Booth CIMA Program before having completed the Qualification Exam requirement, so long as you pass the QE before the program starts. We recommend taking the QE before March 10 to give yourself a month to prepare for the Booth program.
Fee does not include accommodations.
Back to top