The CIMA® Certification Exam Prep Workshop from Chicago Booth prepares you to pass the certification exam. We will review exam topics, connect them to the formula sheet, and do practice problems. This session is a supplement to the Chicago Booth CIMA Education Program*; it is not a substitute for the Education Program.
- Open to anyone in the process of studying for the CIMA Certification Exam (CE).
- 2-day review course held in downtown Chicago.
- Only offered in-person. Remote access is not available.
- Covers each CIMA topic, the related formulas, and practice problems.
- Provides a final wrap-up to tie all of the material together.
- Intensive review for the CE. This workshop is not a substitute for the education program requirement.
Learn more & inquire»
*INVESTMENTS & WEALTH INSTITUTE® is a registered mark of Investment Management Consultants Association Inc., doing business as Investments & Wealth Institute. CIMA® and CERTIFIED INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT ANALYST® are registered certification marks of Investment Management Consultants Association Inc., doing business as Investments & Wealth Institute.
The University of Chicago has a well-planned approach to teaching the CIMA curriculum. All of the important concepts are covered in a clear, concise format. The professors really want to make sure you understand the material and go to great lengths to provide intuition behind some of the math concepts. The class is very interactive and the faculty make themselves easily accessible throughout the class. I strongly recommend this program to anyone considering attaining the designation.
- Todd Muentzer, CIMA®, ETF Specialist
This was a great overall experience. Kathleen does a great job presenting and reviewing the content. It was also beneficial to connect with other students preparing for the exam.
- Jon Maldonado, Financial Advisor, UBS Financial Services
Excellent program with in depth analysis of calculation needed for course material.
- Robert Filetti, Robert Baird
This class was far above my expectations. This is a great value for the cost.
- Alicia Frye, Regional Business Consultant, Symmetry Partners
I got the passing score I needed to finally achieve my CIMA credentials. I was and am still ecstatic about this accomplishment and absolutely credit it to the Chicago Booth workshop and team for helping me get here. I would tell anyone interested in the CIMA program or who is trying to finish the certification process that the Booth workshop is the way to go.
- Jen Litton, CDFA, CIMA®
Having the two day review class at Booth is a major differentiator from the other education programs. Having a two day intensive review upon completion of the material helped me identify areas of weakensss that I needed to focus on before the exam and embolden my confidence in the material I knew well coming into the exam.
- Greg Goin CFP®, CIMA®, CLU®, CRPC®
Advisory Solutions Director
There are very few people that I have met that have a true depth of knowledge in their field. Kathleen is one of them. She is amazing in her understanding of the concepts.
- Program past participant
This workshop series is applicable to a wide range of financial professionals, including independent advisors, investment consultants, national and regional broker-dealer representatives, bank/trust employees, and investors.
- CIMA candidates who are preparing for the Certification Exam.
- Those who plan to attend an approved education program and want to prepare in advance in order to get the most out of the experience.
- Anyone who is considering CIMA certification and wants insight into the knowledge required for the exam.
- Anyone who wants to refresh knowledge on these topics.