Investment Workshop Series: Preparation for the CIMA® Exams
Prepare for the CIMA® exams with an online and in-person workshop series.
Are you looking for a way to structure and focus your study for the Qualification Exam (QE) or Certification Exam (CE)? Do you learn best through live interaction and practice? This series will help you prepare for the CIMA® exams by combining online and in-person workshops. These sessions use the same teaching methodology that has been tested and proven highly effective in the Booth CIMA Education Program.
As an added benefit, you'll receive a $300 credit toward the tuition for the Booth CIMA® Program, October 9–14, 2017, when you sign up for the workshop series.
- Eight convenient online workshops to lay the foundation: These sessions will feature live instruction with Kathleen Fitzgerald, our CIMA content expert. You'll be able to ask questions in real time and play back all recorded online workshops at your convenience.
- Three online practice problem-solving sessions to reinforce material.
- Two-day intensive capstone session in Chicago: Featuring an engaging and interactive classroom format and the opportunity to network with peers.
- Numerous practice problems and access to an online Q&A platform.
- Outstanding faculty: Kathleen has been praised by past participants for her ability to teach the CIMA content in a way that is easy to understand and apply.
- A total of 30 hours of live instruction.
Online practice problem-solving sessions:
- July 9 (5–6:30 p.m. CDT)
- July 13, 18, 20, 27, 31 (7–8:30 p.m. CDT)
- August 7, 10, 14 (7–8:30 p.m. CDT)
Chicago capstone session (Gleacher):
- July 16 (5–6:30 p.m. CDT)
- July 24 (7–8:30 p.m. CDT)
- August 5 (9–10:30 a.m. CDT)
- Friday, August 18 (11:30 a.m.–6 p.m.)
- Saturday, August 19 (10 a.m.–4 p.m.)
Receive a $300 credit toward the October 9–14, 2017 Booth CIMA Education Program
450 North Cityfront Plaza Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Management
Kathleen Fitzgerald is known at the University of Chicago as a superb educator. She brings a remarkably wide array of experience as an educator and a practitioner to the classroom. She has taught courses in Investments, Corporate Finance, Financial Accounting, Money and Banking, International Finance and Financial Management. In addition to teaching the Investment Workshop Series, Kathleen also conducts all of the review sessions in the CIMA Education Program at Chicago Booth.
CIMA candidates who are preparing for the Qualification or Certification Exam. This workshop series is applicable to a wide range of financial professionals, including independent advisors, investment consultants, national and regional broker-dealer representatives, and bank/trust employees.
Online workshops will cover:
1. Traditional and alternative investments, global market history
2. Calculating returns
3. Time value of money
4. Statistics and methods
5. Modern portfolio theory
7. Efficient markets, behavioral finance, technical analysis
8. Performance measurement and attribution
We will review the online material and cover the remaining topics in the CIMA study guide:
1. Fixed Income
2. Foreign exchange
3. Options, futures, and other derivatives
4. Investment consulting process
5. Applied finance and economics
6. Practice problems
Please note: It's possible to reserve a seat in the October 9-14, 2017 Booth CIMA Education Program before having completed the Qualification Exam requirement, so long as you pass the QE before the program starts. We recommend taking the QE before September 9 to give yourself a month to prepare for the Booth program.