Press Releases Executive MBA key facts
Founded in 1943, Chicago Booth’s Executive MBA Program was the first of its kind in the world.
- By February 15, 2018
- Chicago Booth’s Executive MBA program was established in 1943 to strengthen leadership in American business in the wake of World War II.
First of its Kind:
- The program was the first Executive MBA program in the world, and remained the only one for more than 20 years.
- There are now more than 300 Executive MBA programs located in nearly 40 countries around the world.
- Chicago Booth is the only U.S. institution with permanent campuses on three continents.
- It has campuses in Chicago, London and Hong Kong.
- Chicago Booth was the first U.S. business school to offer an MBA program on its own global campuses with courses taught by its own faculty. Other schools set up international partnerships in order to establish a global presence.
- The program expanded to Europe in 1993 with the international Executive MBA program based in Barcelona. It relocated to London in 2005.
- In 1999, Booth expanded the program to Asia, based in Singapore. It relocated to Hong Kong in 2014.
- The program enrolls 230 students from more than 46 countries.
- The students are an average age of 37 and have an average 13 years of work experience.
Chicago Booth History:
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business was founded in 1898. It is the second-oldest business school in the world.