Success in management requires understanding the psychology that determines both individual attitudes and group behaviors. Great managers must be self aware and deeply empathetic, leveraging their team's attitudes, thoughts and beliefs to inspire their best work.
This program, grounded in social psychology, will introduce frameworks and principles that will allow you to explore your assumptions about others, better understand why people do what they do, and more effectively manage yourself and others.
Ideal for anyone with current or anticipated management responsibilities, this course will examine topics such as motivation, interpersonal dynamics, influence and persuasion, group decision making, organizational culture, and ethics and leadership.
By attending this program, you will:
- Understand the nature and dynamics of interpersonal and team behavior related to organizational performance and effectiveness.
- Develop a framework for analysis and action around your management challenges.
- Identify behaviors and situational factors to improve your future outcomes.
Chicago Booth, Gleacher Center, Chicago IL
From start to finish, the program delivered to the very high expectation set before arrival. The tools I gained this week will be on the top shelf of my toolbox as I return to the office.
- Bob Allen, Plant Manager, Borg Warner, Inc.
This was a challenging and fulfilling program that provided me an opportunity to personally investigate my style of management.
- Joanne Benrud, Director of Professional Services, Apple Home Healthcare Ltd.
What an amazing experience! This course embodies the high and low points of what/s necessary to be an effective manager.
- Robert Sluss, Senior Product Manager, Hip & Knee Division, Arthrex, Inc.
I would like to thank the faculty for this really brilliant program. It provided me with very valuable insights that I intend to apply both in my professional and private life. The well-balanced combination of theory and practice, as well as the use of an array of examples and interesting exercises makes it extremely worthwhile. I’ll share this with colleagues and highly recommend it.
- Vesselina Komitska, Head of Unit, European
Great program. I believe with the framework to continue to learn and apply skills learned here, I will be a more effective manager – providing greater value to the organization, customers and more importantly to my immediate team.
- Donald Conley, Director of Transportation Services, Union Pacific Railroad
Outstanding course. Will recommend to mid-level leaders n my organization. A must have for anyone aspiring to a leadership position.
- James Hartigan, Director, BAE Systems
It was the greatest gift and honor to sit in the class and I didn’t even know I needed it. The facilitators, materials and delivery of every aspect have been impeccably thought out. I will begin to take action to shift current situation into environments that raise the bar and excellence of my team to bring their best. Tremendous gratitude!
- Terra Schaad, Executive Director, Hunkapi Programs
I found this course extremely beneficial for understanding what impacts our decision-making. Moreover, we have learned how to use tools to help overcome some of the obstacles restraining one from reaching the best possible decision/outcome.
- Luis Carrazco, Board/Mill Manager, United States Gypsum
The experience of University of Chicago Booth was excellent as always. Every detail was attended to in exemplary fashion.
- Brad Hickerson, General Manager, Amsted Rail
Faculty was excellent and impressive. Staff was overly accommodating! Very helpful. Linda and Boaz are a power couple! Loved learning from their experiences.
- Kristin Hamb, Financial Reports Manager, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
The class turned out to be much more than I could have ever expected. I look forward to using these tools in my everyday life.
- Timothy Minton, National Accounts Sales Manager, United Sugars Corporation
Great course that allowed for me to take a deep dive into executive leadership. Skills I learned will be directly applied to my role as a chief military instructor.
- Justin Langley, Chief Petty Officer, US Navy
This program is beneficial for managers who seek to enhance their management skills and effectiveness within the context of their organization and individual performance. It is ideal for anyone with current or anticipated management responsibilities, ranging from senior-level and mid-level management to people expecting to take on leadership roles.
Titles include: innovation leader, operation manager, mid- to senior-level manager, director, and general manager.