Setting up for Success: How to Generate and Measure Business Impact in Social Media
April 25, 2012: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
The euphoria around social networking compelled many businesses to join consumer conversations, pen expert blogs, and set up social media communities. Yet many corporate players share the challenge of attracting the right audiences to these venues and showing a return on their initiatives.
There are systematic ways to set up for success in social media and scientific methods to gauge results. In this session, you will learn how to:
- Understand conversation trends and get to know your influencers
- Distinguish between sustainable social media initiatives vs. creative but short-lived ideas
- Prepare your organization for social care
- Set benchmarks and measure success
450 City Front Plaza Drive
PARKING: Chicago Booth has arranged with the AMC Theater-River East Self-parking Garage to provide discounted parking:
- 300 East Illinois Street (AMC Theater-River East Self Park Garage)
- $6.00 after 3:00pm
- Garage: Self Park
- Facility Payment: Automated; at pay-stations by cash or credit card or upon exit pay by credit card only.
- To receive discounted rate: There is a card validator at the first floor security desk of the Gleacher Center. The new system for the AMC Theater- River East Self Park Garage is automated. You will only need to insert your parking card in the validator and the new price will be automatically applied.
- You can validate your parking ticket at any time between your arrival at and departure from the Gleacher Center. When you leave the lot you will be charged for the lower $6.00 fee.
- Garage is located next to PJ Clarks and below the AMC Theater.
- When traveling east on Illinois cross over Columbus and enter the Garage on the left (north) side of the street.
- If driving west on Grand (north of Theater), you can enter the garage ½ block before Columbus on the left (south) side of the street.
Light appetizers and cash bar
Books are not included
24 hour notice cancellation notice required for refund.
Idil M. Cakim (Speaker)
Vice President of Client Development, NM Incite - a Nielsen McKinsey joint vent
Idil Cakim is a Vice President of Client Development at NM Incite - a Nielsen McKinsey joint venture. She advises clients on identifying large-scale social media opportunities. Prior to joining NM Incite, Ms. Cakim was a Senior Vice President of Interactive Media in GolinHarris's Dialogue Group where she worked with CPG, technology, automotive and healthcare clients on social media initiatives.
Before joining GolinHarris, Ms. Cakim was the Director of the Knowledge Development Group at Burson-Marsteller, focusing on interactive marketing and custom research. She managed Burson-Marsteller's Internet-related proprietary studies, including the e-fluentials.
Ms. Cakim also served at various posts within the Media and Entertainment Strategies Group at Fulcrum Analytics (formerly Cyber Dialogue), an Internet customer relationship management company.
Ms. Cakim is the author of numerous industry briefs and articles on online corporate communications, targeting valuable customers on the Net and e-commerce. She has also been a public speaker on issues regarding online crisis communications, word-of-mouth, ethnic minorities' use of the Internet, and e-CRM. She has been widely quoted in trade journals and newspapers such as CNet news, DM News, CBS Market Watch, Min's New Media Report, San Jose Mercury News, Chicago Sun Times, Harvard Business Review, and the New York Times.
Idil Cakim is a blogger (www.dotwom.com) who regularly writes about future trends in online communication and word-of-mouth marketing. She holds an M.A. in Communication from the Annenberg School at University of Pennsylvania and a B.A. in Sociology from Bryn Mawr College. Ms. Cakim is a member of the World Future Society. She served on the board of Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) and remains an active member of the Research and Measurement Council.
Dana Damyen, '02
TwoRoads Solutions, Principal
Chicago Booth Business Book Roundtable - celebrating 10th year anniversary
The Business Book Roundtable provides a forum for alumni, students, faculty and the Chicago community to discuss relevant and current business issues presented in recent business publications. If you wish to be notified of upcoming events, subscribe to our e-mail list below. Announcements on upcoming meetings are also made through various University of Chicago publications and the Roundtable web site. Fill out an Online Survey of any of our events.
Leadership opportunities with the Business Book Roundtable. Talent and leadership needed to take the BBRT to the next level. Specific needs in the following areas / roles: Strategic planning and execution, Treasurer, Marketing & Social Media, Event Production. Interested University of Chicago alumni and students, please contact Dana Damyen.
Join us on LinkedIn: