Please join us for this unique and exciting summer trip to Lake Baikal - a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Together with GrandBaikal we have created a unique tour that will allow you to see the region's most interesting and significant landmarks in a relatively short period of time, with most journeys made by helicopter!
Highlights of the trip will include:
- Getting to know Irkutsk
- Helicopter excursion to the Shumak remote healing hot springs in the Sayan mountains
- Boat trip around Baikal, including a visit to the historical Circum-Baikal Railway
- Expedition on the sacred shaman island of Olkhon
- One-day safari around the Taiga to the abandoned gold mines in jeeps and four-wheelers
View the full tour program here and our original invitation here.
Places are very limited due to helicopter capacity so get in touch if you are interested as soon as possible.
This is a great way to meet with old classmates and make new friends - we hope to see you there!
Estimated cost – 141,000 rubles ($4700) per person, not including transfer to Irkutsk and back, insurance, or visas.
Transfers to and from Irkutsk will be paid by the participants individually in addition to the cost of the program.
The tour must be paid for in full. It is not possible to pay for individual excursions separately.
Register By Email
As the number of spots is limited, participation will be granted in the order that requests and prepayments are submitted.
Pavel Rodionov, '13 (EXP-18)
+7 985 220 6400
1. By 24 April, inclusive, let the organizers know that you plan to participate.
2. By 30 April, inclusive, submit your prepayment of no less than 60,000 rubles ($2000) for each participant. This prepayment will not be returned in case of cancelation. This is because as soon as one participant cancels the total cost of the trip for all the other participants increases, which is unfair to the other participants. Additionally, each participant must fill out a reservation and partially prepay for the helicopter, boat and rest camp.
3. By 30 April, inclusive, we recommend that you buy your plane tickets to Irkutsk and back. Preferably the whole group will fly there and back together. The details of the recommended flight are indicated in the tour program. Individual transfers paid for by the participant at various points throughout the tour may be possible, but is not guaranteed due to the difficult logistics of the tour and distances between destinations.
4. By 30 June, inclusive, submit full payment for the tour.
Those who are interested in diving can stay for another 2-3 days after the group has left (payment will be made separately on site).