In the context of the creation of the University of Chicago's new Center in Paris, the University and the City of Paris are co-hosting a conversation featuring scholars and practitioners on both sides of the Atlantic around the theme of reinventing cities.
Jeanne Gang, Founding Principal Architect of Studio Gang and Jean-Louis Missika, Deputy Mayor for Urban Planning, Architecture, and the "Grand Paris" Project will be the featured speakers.
Following these presentations, a group of distinguished panelists will lead a public discussion on the concept of "Cities as Systems," with a primary focus on monitoring, data collection, and analytics. Participants will be:
- Dominique Alba, Director of the Paris Urbanism Agency—APUR
- Luis Bettencourt, University of Chicago
- Charlie Catlett, University of Chicago
There will also be short presentations by representatives of three Station F-based start-ups:
- Tuomas Autio, CEO of Majamaja
- Hedieh Dorostkari, CSO of Data Soluce
- Jérôme Michaud-Larivière, CEO of New World Wind
Doors will open at 3:15 pm.
The event will be followed by an Alumni gathering at the Cocktail Bar at Felicita which is located in Station F (passage Anatole). Attendees pay for their own drink.