Because little in business (or life) gets done without negotiation, this program has the potential to deliver significant upside in your professional and personal outcomes.
In this program, you will learn from an extensive set of negotiation experiences in class, practice your skills, and benefit from feedback. The course begins with an introduction to basic negotiation concepts and tactics, followed by a focus on important aspects of the negotiation process—obstacles to effective communication at the bargaining table, the maximization of multiple interests, and tactics for coalition building. In the final session, we put it all together by introducing the impact of social capital on strategic negotiations and exploring negotiations that contain elements of both cooperation and competition.
By attending this program, you will:
- Learn strategies for negotiation analysis and preparing for negotiations.
- Understand different strategic choices (and interpersonal skills) that drive relative success at the bargaining table.
- Know what information is needed to negotiate effective outcomes.
- Engage in a variety of negotiation simulations and receive immediate feedback.
- Experiment with new techniques and test their effectiveness in the safety of the classroom.
100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong
I have undertaken a number of professional training courses involving negotiation skills. This one is the most comprehensive in terms of pulling together theory, psychology, and practical elements allowing for conducting a well-structured and potentially more successful negotiation in a variety of situations.
- Eric Davidson, VP, Asia-Pacific-Europe-Middle East-Africa, Modular Mining Systems
I think this session really allows for creating a level of self-awareness about your own style that you might have had. The topic, material, and faculty are world-class and a great investment on my part.
- Glenn O'Brien, Managing Director, Prudential Finance
Content was relevant and eye-opening to carry back to the workplace. Instruction was engaging and paced well to keep energy up while allowing for questions and interaction from the attendees.
- Brian Loudy, District Sales Manager, Rohm and Haas Company
Excellent course! The Chicago analytical approach & great cases relevant to real world examples is a winning combination.
- Sean Pipkins, Senior Manager, Manufacturing Collaborations, Genentech
The overall value of the course and material brings forth elements of theory and practicality that delivers core details of negotiation to understand the requirements needed by all parties to execute an agreement.
- Craig Kinley, VP of Eng & Net Opts, iPCS, Inc.
This program was top-notch from registration through completion. The subject matter is directly applicable to both personal and professional negotiations. In summary, this class was fantastic. I look forward to my next Chicago class.
- Bradley Lickenbrock, Aerospace Corporate Development, Huntsman Advanced Materials
Very good level of intensity and fast-paced live negotiations. I like the 'uncovering' lecture style so that negotiations aren't overly skewed to the 'right' answer.
- Daniel Carbery, Sr. VP Operations, Endo Pharmaceuticals
This program is designed to benefit middle, upper middle, and senior level managers, who would like to enhance their influence and performance—both internally in their organizations and externally with other organizations and vendors—by improving their negotiation skills.
Managers in every functional area of responsibility, in all industry types, will benefit by attending this program. In particular, executives in areas such as marketing, sales, manufacturing, engineering, mergers and acquisitions, purchasing, human resources, strategy, and finance, as well as general managers who have been promoted through these routes, will find this program highly beneficial.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust proudly awards scholarships to local social sector executives who seek to enhance their leadership skills. Learn more here.