Drawing on the latest research in the psychology of judgment, you will learn to improve your negotiation skills, your influence, and your decision-making process. You will learn to recognize flaws in your negotiation and decision-making processes, develop frameworks for making sound decisions, and create a system to monitor, improve, and implement your skills.
As a mid- or senior-level manager, you will learn techniques based on the latest advancements in the field of negotiation and decision strategy that will enhance your influence within your company and with your clients and vendors.
By attending this program, you will:
- Develop insights on how to make intuitive decisions.
- Learn strategies for analysis and preparing for negotiations.
- Know what information is needed to negotiate effective outcomes.
- Design foolproof strategies on how to improve reactions when making decisions.
- Assess decision-making skills and develop plans to improve performance.
Chicago Booth, Gleacher Center, Chicago IL
I have undertaken a number of professional training courses involving negotiation skills. This one is the most comprehensive in terms of pulling together theory, psychology, and practical elements allowing for conducting a well-structured and potentially more successful negotiation in a variety of situations.
- Eric Davidson, VP, Asia-Pacific-Europe-Middle East-Africa, Modular Mining Systems
I think this session really allows for creating a level of self-awareness about your own style that you might have had. The topic, material, and faculty are world-class and a great investment on my part.
- Glenn O'Brien, Managing Director, Prudential Finance
Content was relevant and eye-opening to carry back to the workplace. Instruction was engaging and paced well to keep energy up while allowing for questions and interaction from the attendees.
- Brian Loudy, District Sales Manager, Rohm and Haas Company
Excellent course! The Chicago analytical approach & great cases relevant to real world examples is a winning combination.
- Sean Pipkins, Senior Manager, Manufacturing Collaborations, Genentech
The overall value of the course and material brings forth elements of theory and practicality that delivers core details of negotiation to understand the requirements needed by all parties to execute an agreement.
- Craig Kinley, VP of Eng & Net Opts, iPCS, Inc.
This program was top-notch from registration through completion. The subject matter is directly applicable to both personal and professional negotiations. In summary, this class was fantastic. I look forward to my next Chicago class.
- Bradley Lickenbrock, Aerospace Corporate Development, Huntsman Advanced Materials
Very good level of intensity and fast-paced live negotiations. I like the 'uncovering' lecture style so that negotiations aren't overly skewed to the 'right' answer.
- Daniel Carbery, Sr. VP Operations, Endo Pharmaceuticals
This program is designed to benefit middle, upper middle, and senior level managers, who would like to enhance their influence—both internally in their organizations and externally with other organizations and vendors—by improving their negotiation and decision-making skills.
Managers in every functional area of responsibility, in all industry types, will benefit by attending this program. In particular, executives in areas such as marketing, sales, manufacturing, engineering, mergers and acquisitions, purchasing, human resources, strategy, and finance, as well as general managers who have been promoted through these routes, will find this program highly beneficial.