Free and open to all, Mindworks is located on the first floor of 224 South Michigan Avenue, across the street from the Art Institute of Chicago and three blocks south of Cloud Gate (“the Bean”).
A visit to Mindworks lasts about 30 to 60 minutes, depending on how many studies you’d like to take.
We welcome drop-in visits but encourage visitors to make a reservation.
Curious about group visits for high school classes, college courses, or work outtings? We're currently developing programming we hope to begin in late 2021/early 2022. Submit an inquiry.
Mindworks has adopted the following protocols in an effort to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19:
- All visitors and staff are required to wear a face covering over both the nose and mouth in all areas of the Mindworks facility.
- Please abide by social-distancing guidelines, maintaining a six-foot distance from others not part of your visiting group.
- Hand-sanitizer stations are available.
- Surfaces and exhibits are routinely cleaned and disinfected by staff.
- Visitors who are not feeling well for any reason or (a) have any COVID-19 symptoms, (b) have had a positive COVID-19 test in the past 14 days, and/or (c) have had close contact with anyone with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 should postpone their visit.
- We reserve the right to require visitors who do not follow face-covering and social-distancing guidelines to leave the premises immediately.
Mindworks is located on the first floor of 224 South Michigan Avenue. For wheelchair access, please use the building’s south entrance on Jackson, and enter Mindworks via our atrium entrance. We are happy to ensure that accommodations are in place for your visit, so feel free to contact us with any questions or requests.
Mindworks is easily accessible via ‘L’ train (Adam/Wabash or Jackson stops), Metra (Van Buren station), bus, bike, or car.
Stay Engaged with Us
Get information about upcoming events, programs, and behavioral science research from Mindworks.