Get Involved with Mindworks
There are many ways for you to help us continue to take Mindworks to exciting new dimensions.
With a staunch commitment to serving the needs of people everywhere, we’ve blazed a trail of innovation and ingenuity across the globe.
Mindworks continues the work of the Roman Family Center for Decision Research at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, exploring the science of judgment and decision-making and showcasing the ways that insights from our findings can improve lives. If you want to learn more or get involved, we welcome your participation and support.
Participate in Research Studies
As a research participant, you play a vital role in helping us understand how people make decisions and form judgments. You can participate in experiments during your visit to Mindworks - you'll even earn prizes for your time. Or visit the center's Virtual PIMCO Decision Research Lab to find out how you can take part in paid studies from the comfort of your own home.
Club Mindworks is our free membership rewards program for Chicago-area residents and frequent visitors.
Mindworks is both a discovery center and behavioral science lab. While many visitors come to explore our interactive exhibits, Club Mindworks members return to the lab regularly to participate in studies. Not only may Club Mindworks members choose incentives from our prize wall, they can also earn gift cards or donate their earnings to charitable organizations.
By participating in research, members play a crucial role in expanding the science of judgment and decision-making. Plus, Club Mindworks members enjoy special VIP perks like early access to new studies, invitations to members-only events, and more.
How It Works
Become a Member: Joining Club Mindworks is free and easy. Sign up during your next visit to Mindworks.
Want to learn more about member benefits and paid study opportunities? Join our member news email list.
- Schedule an Appointment: Make a member reservation online. Appointments last about an hour, depending on the number of studies you take.
- Take Studies: Visit Mindworks at your scheduled appointment to participate in studies. Your participation helps researchers at the University of Chicago generate new insights about decision-making and human behavior.
- Earn Rewards: Club Mindworks members have the exclusive option to choose between prizes from our prize wall or gift cards to more than 100 businesses or charitable organizations. Members earn 100 points ($1) per 5 minutes of studies.
- Who is eligible for Club Mindworks? Club Mindworks is best suited for visitors who live or work in the Chicago area or frequently visit. It’s a great fit for behavioral science enthusiasts, students, or part-time workers.
- How often can I take studies? New studies are added regularly. We recommend club members return about every 4 weeks to ensure an optimal study-taking experience.
- What if I don’t live in the Chicago area? Please join us in taking paid studies online with our PIMCO Decision Research Virtual Lab.
Become a Research Assistant
Research assistants help researchers manage and administer studies. Our research assistant positions are paid (nonvolunteer) positions. Psychology majors and/or those who have prior research experience in the social sciences are strongly encouraged to apply to work with us as research assistants.
Make a Gift
Gifts of all sizes matter at Mindworks. Each gift supports cutting-edge behavioral science research conducted by the top scholars in the field. The cumulative impact of your gifts is powerful, and your participation is a sign of support for Mindworks and the entire Booth community.
For more information on how to contribute, please visit Chicago Booth's giving website.
Stay Engaged with Us
Get information about upcoming events, programs, and behavioral science research from Mindworks.