As a wealthy individual, you are working to protect and grow your wealth, enjoy financial security, and build a lasting legacy. Effective investment management is critical, of course, but successful wealth management is an integrated and strategic discipline which also includes tax, estate planning, philanthropy, governance, and family culture. Each family's situation is unique, and no one solution will suffice for all.
By attending this program, you will:
- Clarify your family and financial goals.
- Design a strategy to preserve and manage your wealth.
- Oversee financial advisors with greater confidence, accountability, and results.
The program incorporates case studies, lectures, and small and large group discussions. Because some of the most valuable learning in the course takes place in the shared experiences among classmates and peers, we create a confidential and solicitation-free environment. All participants must sign a confidentiality agreement before joining the course.
To facilitate the interactive nature of the course experience, enrollment is limited. Please submit your application early to assure your place.
Chicago Booth, Gleacher Center, Chicago IL
A similar program is also offered in Spain.
PWM is an intensive, strategic briefing and dialogue on defining and creating well-being across generations for families with significant resources.
- Rick Bauerly, CEO, Granite Equity Partners
This was an excellent use of our time. I could never had learned this much relevant information in such a short period of time anywhere else. It was an excellent source of unbiased information that will give us a huge advantage. Absolutely loved it!
- Stephanie Stomberg, past participant
The class provides an overview of how to approach wealth in a proactive and positive way. As Stuart [Lucas] says, “wealth without values is just money” – I have found this to be so true. As stewards of wealth, our role is to help our family maximize their potential so they each can live a full life and help others do the same. For me, learning about investing, managing the operating business, and the importance of a family purpose and values provided a solid framework that I can apply right away. In addition, the instructors were fantastic and learning from my other classmates’ experience was priceless!
- Jeff, past participant
The Private Wealth Management course was very valuable in stimulating thought about managing wealth in a multi-generational context. The faculty was top notch, very engaged and accessible - while offering copious applicable ideas.
- Dennis Stattman, Managing Member, FirstLight Capital, LLC
A terrific, relevant subject. This entire seminar was thought provoking, purposeful and very well organized.
- P.J. Thompson, President, Trans-Matic Mfg Co. Inc.
A+ -- best wealth management seminar I have ever attended.
- David W. Burleigh, Partner, Buechner Haffer Meyers & Koenig
Excellent program and I would say better than others that I have attended. I found it extremely beneficial to attend with my family, and we liked that the program's structure allowed time to share knowledge and learning with each other and fellow classmates.
- Kristen, past participant
My family learned a great deal from the knowledgeable faculty and interaction with other participants. Attending with my family was enormously valuable and I would highly recommend it -- we could discuss the sessions and how they related to our situation, further cementing what we learned.
- Esther Brabec, past participant
Rare to have access to this quality of participants, academics, and professionals. Great experience not solely based on program content, but total class.
- William Brewer, CEO, Cornell Forge
The course provided the perfect launch platform for setting my financial objectives and beginning the exercise of deciding on investment strategies and confronting the overall wealth management challenge.
- Guillaume Cuvelier, Founder and former CEO, SVEDKA Vodka
The course was incredibly interesting and thought provoking. The true 'transparency' of shared information by faculty and participants was especially refreshing.
- Kathy Leventhal, past participant
The organization and planning of the program was very good. Excellent lectures and group orientations and networking.
- Andres Araujo, Director of Trademarketing, D'casa
This is a must course for anyone interested in a multiple generational approach to investing and wealth management. The perfect balance between new insights and confirmation of long held beliefs.
- Steve Richardson, COO, Alamosa PCS
Your program covered a great deal of complex material and made it come to life! As a result of what my wife and I learned, we are going to make BIG changes in our portfolio. It is a long trip from Shanghai, but I can honestly say it was one of the most valuable weeks in my life.
- Patrick Hopkins, past participant
The PWM program is the most profound education ever delivered to me. Thinking of wealth as ‘well being’ will likely enhance the lives of the Guminski family for generations.
- Christine Guminski
This program is for US and international individuals and families who have built wealth in this generation, have inherited family wealth, or are contemplating or have recently experienced a transition such as a liquidity event or change in family leadership. Family office executives may attend with principal family members, but the program is closed to all other financial services professionals.
The course will be of greatest interest to those:
- Striving to maintain prosperity and a flourishing family through retirement and, for many, across generations.
- Contemplating-or recently experiencing-a significant liquidity event, whether through the sale of a company, inheritance, or other major wealth transition.
- Committed to engaging their families in more productive dialogue about the challenges and opportunities of wealth.
- Seeking added confidence to evaluate and select financial advisors and/or to set strategic direction for a family enterprise.
We have found that multiple members of the same family—spouses, parents and children, siblings, and cousins, for example—derive considerable benefit from taking the course together. The program gives them a foundation for continued productive dialogue well into the future.
Completed applications should be submitted as early as possible. Candidates will be notified of acceptance within one week. Application does not guarantee admission; candidates will be selected on their ability to benefit from, and contribute to, the program and valuable peer-learning environment.
You will learn data-driven, tested, and actionable frameworks to protect and grow your wealth, your way:
- Learn the key value drivers for preserving and growing wealth and how to use them, wherever in the world you reside.
- Define your financial and family objectives within a comprehensive family enterprise management strategy that is consistent with your business, family values, and personal circumstances.
- Explore family purpose and values within the context of a family enterprise.
- Delve into investment fundamentals and theory through two concurrent tracks. Track one is an introduction for those who have a limited investment background. Track two is for participants who want a deeper dive into the nuances of asset allocation "factors" - such as value, momentum, and quality – that affect performance and the way value added, or “alpha” is measured.
- Examine real estate as an important asset-class complement to equities and fixed income.
- Select an investment strategy that is realistic, prudent, tax efficient, and actionable given the time and resources you have to commit.
- Learn the differences among the investment, brokerage, and wealth management industries, and their complex relationships and incentive systems.
- Decide how to evaluate, select, and oversee the firms and individual advisors who are right for you and your family.
- Build performance evaluation, good reporting, and accountability into your relationships with your advisors.
- Learn how trusts and other sophisticated planning instruments can reduce tax exposure, protect privacy, provide flexibility, and serve a family’s many generations without inevitably spoiling them.
- Explore governance systems that help your family to steward assets wisely and that encourage your family members to flourish.
- Learn five lessons from families that successfully maintain and grow their wealth within thriving families for multiple generations. These lessons can be rolled up into the concept of "entrepreneurial stewardship."
- Finish the program with a list of action items that will make a real impact on your wealth management.