This is the BANC team from the Prevent Blindness project at the end of project celebration Spring 2019. L-R: Ron Wojcik, '85 (XP-54), Ching Yue, '96, Dominic Bardele, '12, Robin Simon, '89 Cliff Muhammad, '01, Mary Curtis, '94.
BANC seeks committed Booth alumni with a desire to use their management skills to benefit nonprofits through pro bono consulting projects. We match the unique needs of each project with alumni who have relevant skills, utilizing expertise in a wide variety of areas. Alumni volunteers also indicate their preferences among the available projects.
Alumni volunteer consultants report a strong sense of satisfaction in helping clients meet their specific challenges. They also value their experience for strengthening their understanding of the nonprofit space, for broadening peer networks, and for the sheer fun of working with a team of Booth alumni. BANC can also be a stepping-stone to getting on a nonprofit board.
BANC always welcomes alumni volunteers interested in getting involved with our operations, whether or not you can serve as a consultant. Specific needs include things like social media outreach, case study preparation and building up our Best Practices & Reference Library. If you are interested in learning more about these and other available opportunities please click here to fill out an interest form. After submitting the form someone from our Alumni Volunteer Relations committee will contact you to discuss your interests further. You may also contact BANC Director Robin Simon directly at email@example.com.
“Volunteering for BANC was deeply satisfying. It was wonderful to help drive meaningful change, give back to the community, bond with fellow alumni, and continue to sharpen my skills.”
- Sujatha Shenoy, ’04
What We Look for In Alumni Consultants
- Must hold a degree from any Booth MBA program (Full Time, Part Time, Executive).
- A passion for helping nonprofits increase their impact.
- A professional and collaborative attitude with clients and other volunteer consultants.
- BANC consultants are needed with skills in the following areas:
|Financial Analysis/Financial Management
||Human Resources/Organizational Development
|Market Research/Consumer Insights
- Alumni in all life stages and career situations are welcome to apply: full-time professionals, entrepreneurs, retirees, stay-at-home parents, and all alumni looking to strengthen bonds with the Booth community.
- Alumni are welcome to apply regardless of location but all clients are in the Chicago area and all meetings will take place based on Chicago (Central) time zone, including three in-person meetings at the client site. We hope to expand to other cities in the future!
Time Commitment Required
- Attendance at a virtual kick-off and orientation session.
- An average commitment of two to four hours a week for about six months, beginning from the start date of the project. (This is an average estimate. Over the course of the project, some weeks will require more effort and other weeks none at all.)
- Project work and team meetings may take place during the week during business hours, evenings and/or weekends depending on what’s needed for each project and what works for each specific team.
- Teams typically have three to four meetings with their clients and these take place during regular business hours at the client site.
Click here to download this information as a PDF.