Chicago Booth S. Florida 2009 Investment Challenge
January 13, 2009: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Kick-off the new year with lively discussion about the economy and substantiate predictions by accepting the Investment Challenge put before us by the Atlanta club.
* Economic Perspectives from fellow alumni
* Chicago Booth Alumni 2009 Challenge 2009! Rules Review
* Wrap Up
This is a 2009 program with individual competition as well as the rewards of Team deliveries. We are aiming to beat the other clubs and win the national traveling trophy. Go S. Florida!
Bernstein Global Wealth Management - Boardroom
701 Brickell Avenue
Entry information on Challenge competition listed in on-line registration. Fee of $25 for full year competition - on-line payment set-up.
Sheri Colas-Gervais, Chris Westgate is running the competition
Chicago Booth S. Florida Alumni Investment Challenge 2009
* Pick 2-5 publicly traded securities, stocks or bonds, long or short, and allocate $100,000 in play money.
* Mutual funds are outlawed since they can trade during the year and thus not in the spirit of the contest.
* Individual Competition - within the S. Florida Club (1st, 2nd and 3rd) for top performers, overall recognition for team. A dartboard portfolio can also be picked for the fun of it.
* Team Challenge Cup – entries for each club are summed up and a traveling trophy is awarded to the top performing club. A dartboard portfolio can also be picked for the fun of it.
* S. Florida Club Entries due January 16 – send name, selection, and contact info. to Chris Westgate (Chris@WestgateGroup.net) - payment can be made on-line at https://www.123signup.com/register?id=zvfbd or on-site at the launch event on January 13.
* The Chicago Booth S. Florida Alumni Investment Challenge 2009! will run January 23, 2009 to Dec 31, 2009. Awards will be announced and presented at a program in January 2010.