Resume Database for Alumni and Part-Time Students - RAPS
The Resume Database for Alumni and Part-Time Students (RAPS) connects Booth community members with recruiters and hiring managers across all industries and functions throughout the world.
When you join RAPS you are allowing your resume and parts of your profile to be viewable to any firms that have requested and received access to RAPS. For more information about which parts of your profile are visible to employers, review Anatomy of your GTS profile.
You can allow or block executive search firms’ access to your resume and profile information. If you would not like your resume and profile to be viewed by retained executive search firms, please choose "no" for the “Executive Recruiter Search access” question within the candidate profile.
RAPS is open to all Chicago Booth alumni. All candidates in RAPS must:
- Read and accept the Chicago Booth Resume Database for Alumni and Part-Time Students Candidate Policy
- Maintain an active and current profile and resume
- Limit their resume to no more than three pages
The utility of RAPS rests on users maintaining a current profile. Access to current information allows recruiters/employers to quickly identify the best candidates, while helping to ensure alumni are contacted about relevant opportunities. Logging in to your account at least once a year to confirm your information and resume are current will ensure your RAPS status remains active.
Chicago Booth Resume Database for Alumni and Part-Time Students Participation Policy
By participating in the Chicago Booth Resume Database for Alumni and Part-Time Students, I give The University of Chicago Booth School o f Business (Chicago Booth) and MBA Focus permission to publish the resume I have uploaded and submitted electronically. I acknowledge that it is my sole responsibility to indicate in my profile which format (Corporate or Confidential Search) of the Chicago Booth Resume Book for Alumni and Part-Time Students I would like to participate in. I hold The University of Chicago, the Booth School of Business, and MBA Focus harmless for any errors or omissions that may be made in the publishing and/or distribution of the Chicago Booth Resume Book for Alumni and Part-Time Students.
I attest that the information I have provided for this database is true and that I am:
- A student in the Executive MBA Program; or
- A student in the Evening MBA or Weekend MBA Program who has completed two quarters at Chicago Booth; or
- A graduate of Chicago Booth, and
- Am willingly participating in the Resume Database for Alumni and Part-Time Students.
I also acknowledge that once I upload my resume into the database my user name and password will be for my use only. Neither The University of Chicago Booth School of Business nor MBA Focus will sell my information to third parties. I attest that I will not forward my user name and password to anyone else.
I further acknowledge and accept that my resume and profile will be deleted from the database and I will not be allowed to participate in future editions of the Resume Database for Alumni and Part-Time Students if The University of Chicago or the Booth School of Business determine for any reason that I have demonstrated unprofessional behavior and/or etiquette, including but not limited to the following:
- Not complying with the eligibility requirements, including resume format and length
- Not uploading a resume into the GTS system and/or not answering the Detailed Profile Questions section of my profile
- Not maintaining current information in my Community Directory and Resume Database for Alumni and Part-Time Students profiles, including my contact information, resume, detailed profile selections, etc.
- Not responding to emails and/or calls received from either a Chicago Booth Career Services team member or a recruiter regarding my account or a job opportunity
- Inappropriate behavior or communication to the Chicago Booth Career Services team and/or a recruiter
- Making false statements in my resume and/or during an interview
I acknowledge and accept that if I am found in breach of the steps set forth in this policy and/or those posted on this website, my account will automatically be deactivated and I will not be notified.
I accept to be bound by the terms of this policy and acknowledge that the University of Chicago Booth School of Business may revise this policy at any time by updating this page. I accept that it is my sole responsibility to visit this page periodically to review the policy, because it is binding on me.
I hereby indemnify the University of Chicago and its Booth School of Business against any costs or damages they may incur should any of these statements be untrue.
Candidates agree to this policy by selecting the “Active” setting in the Account Status box of their profile in GTS.
To join RAPS:
- Log in to GTS.
- Create your detailed profile. For guidance, visit Create or Edit Your Profile.
- Next, upload the resume to be included in the resume database.
- Click on the Resumes link in the My Profile tab.
- Click on the Upload New button.
- Next to the Document File Name field, click on the Choose File button.
- Select the resume you wish to upload. (Must be in Microsoft Word format.)
- Click Open.
- Back on the Upload Resume page, in the Document Title field, enter a name for the resume. The file name will not be visible to employers.
- Click on the Upload button.
- Review uploaded resume.
- Click on the Continue button.
- On the Resume Manager page, the active resume (orange star) will be the resume included in the database.
- To change active resume, click the gray star next to resume you want included in the database.
- Activate your account to be included in RAPS.
- Click on Summary in the My Profile Tab.
- Read the statements in the Account Status box related to participating in the Resume Database for Alumni and Part-Time Students (RAPS).
- To accept participation terms and to be included in the database, select the Active button.
- Your resume will now be included in RAPS.
Note: To ensure that your RAPS status remains active, log in to your account at least once a year to confirm that your information and resume are current.