Immerse yourself in a vibrant community of individuals who share your passion for rigorous analysis and groundbreaking ideas.
Get new ideas from the best minds in business.
Engage in stimulating conversations with industry leaders and world-class faculty.
Challenge common assumptions and advance the state of knowledge in your industry.
Friday, May 15, 2015
Refresh your perspective at Management Conference 2015 with incisive research and bold ideas from Booth faculty and alumni who are leaders in their fields. Sessions will examine a wide range of topics that impact businesses today.
Confirmed faculty presenters include:
- Ronald S. Burt, Hobart W. Williams Professor of Sociology and Strategy, on Leading Management Networks
- Michael Gibbs, Clinical Professor of Economics; Faculty Director of the Executive MBA Program, on Global Corporate Governance in Corporate Governance Practices
- Steven Kaplan, Neubauer Family Distinguished Service Professor of Entrepreneurship and Finance, on Private Equity
- Richard Leftwich, Fuji Bank and Heller Professor of Accounting and Finance, on Asset Management
- James E. Schrager, Clinical Professor of Entrepreneurship and Strategic Management, on Mergers and Acquisitions Strategy
- Richard H. Thaler, Charles R. Walgreen Distinguished Service Professor of Behavioral Science and Economics, on The Making of Behavioral Economics
Confirmed alumni presenters include:
- Carol Bramson, ’92, President and CEO, Summer Infant, on Leadership
- Bill Eichhorn, ’85, Cofounder, Textura, on Managing a Consultancy
- Kevin Hartman, ’98, Head of Industry, Google, on Leading Management Networks
- Dennis Nguyen, '10 (XP-79), Chairman and Founder of Newport Capital, Chairman and Cofounder of New Asia Partners, on Global Convergence in Corporate Governance Practices
- Kristina Peterson, '90, Vice President at EDF Renewable Energy and Suntech, on Energ
- Tandean Rustandy, '07 (AXP-6), Chief Executive Officer, PT Arwana Citramulia Tbk, on Global Convergence in Corporate Governance Practice
- Rich Sykes, ’90, Director and Managing Partner, McKinsey and Company, on Managing a Consultancy
- Jeff Wilcoxon, ’04, Co-Owner, Bobtail Ice Cream and Coffee Co., on Leadership
- Paul Yovovich, ’75, President and Principal, Lake Capital, on Private Equity
Session topics include:
- Leading Management Networks
- Global Convergence in Corporate Governance Practices
- Private Equity
- Mergers and Acquisitions Strategy
- Innovation Inside the Corporation – A panel including Chicago Booth faculty and corporate leaders who have spearheaded innovation inside their firms. This session will be led by Hal Weitzman of Booth's Intellectual Capital group and also serve as a live event for Booth’s Big Question video series.
- Asset Management
Session topics subject to change.
10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Registration and Networking Reception
11:30 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Lunch and Keynote Address
Featuring Richard H. Thaler, Charles R. Walgreen Distinguished Service Professor of Behavioral Science and Economics, on Misbehaving: The Making of Behavioral Economics
1:45 - 3 p.m.
Breakout Session 1
3:15 - 4:30 p.m.
Breakout Session 2
General Public: $249
Booth Alumni: $199
Table of 10: $1,900