Events and Activities
You'll have plenty of chances to build your network, help prepare for the next level of your career, add an extra dimension to your studies, or just relax. Many events are designed to include your family in your Chicago Booth experience. Below is a sample of our significant events.
- MBA Cup - Unite with your classmates and demonstrate your school spirit at this annual challenge. Events include tug-of-war, three-legged races, and volleyball. The MBA Cup includes teams from Chicago Booth, Kellogg, DePaul, and Loyola.
- Business Forecast - Chicago Booth professors and prominent alumni take a look at what they see as the trends shaping the coming year. Business Forecast, which started over 45 years ago, is held in over 18 cities around the world.
- Speednetworking - Take part in speednetworking and you'll get a chance to practice your elevator speech and make valuable contacts.
- Worldwide Chicago Booth Night - New admits, current students, and alumni gather together in cities around the world.
- Semi-Quarterly Adjustment (SQA) - Unwind and celebrate your hard work at these gatherings, twice each quarter, after midterms and finals.
- Booth Consulting Club (BCC) Annual Consulting Symposium - You'll have a chance to connect with firms and learn more about the industry at this annual event.
- Management Conference - For over 55 years, this event has featured faculty, business leaders, and alumni who examine issues faced everyday in the workplace and apply the very best in conceptual knowledge, academic theory, and practical solutions. Last year, more than a thousand people attended this flagship Booth event to learn more about the economics of social media.
- Alumnae Connections - Sponsored by the Chicago Women in Business Alumnae Network, these are an opportunity to meet one-on-one with a Chicago alumna. Many regions of CWIBAN host admit receptions to introduce incoming women to each other and to local alumnae.
- Annual Family Picnic - You and your family can get together with fellow students and their families at this summer event on the Riverwalk. Games and special activities are planned for children.
- Philanthropy Fair - If you'd like to leverage your business skills and gain valuable experience on the board of a nonprofit, you'll be able to speak with representatives of over 25 organizations.
- Guest speakers - Gain insights into current topics and issues when leaders from business and government visit campus.