Unofficial Transcripts For Applicants
At the time of application, you must:
- Upload scanned or unofficial copies of your school transcripts to your online application. Please be sure to include both sides.
- Any official transcripts received prior to an offer of admission will not be added to your file.
Sending Official Transcripts Upon Admission
Upon admission to Chicago Booth, you will be required to submit an official transcript from every university, college, or graduate institution you have attended.
- Official records details:
- Defined as original documents issued by the institution and bearing the actual (not photocopied) signature of the registrar and the institutional seal.
- Any records issued only once by institutions should be photocopied and certified as official copies, either by school officials or legal authorities such as embassies or a notary public.
- Please do not send the original of an academic record that cannot be replaced.
- All records must show:
- The dates of enrollment, courses taken, units of credit, your grades, marks or ratings in each subject, and, if available, your rank in the total class or group.
- The institutional grading scale or other standards of evaluation, including minimum passing and failing marks, and definition of grades between them (should also be included on or with official records).
- If academic records and diplomas are not issued in English by the institution, you must submit both the official record and an authorized English translation.
Chicago Booth reserves the right to review the academic records of all applicants and determine whether the academic credentials presented from a non-US institution qualify for consideration. All degrees must be from an institution recognized by the country's department or ministry of education.