Booth has a number of student-led groups that focus on diversity and cultural awareness, as well provide opportunities for social and professional networking. Below are just a few:
- The African American MBA Association/Hispanic American Business Student Association (AAMBAA/HABSA) group provides students with a platform for networking with peers and alumni, building community within the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, providing information for diversity recruiting, and reaching out to the wider community through service projects.
- OUTreach is a Booth student organization working to advance social and professional opportunities for gay and lesbian members of the Chicago Booth community as well as to foster a more diverse environment at the University of Chicago. OUTreach membership includes students from both the full-time and part-time programs and we provide a great way for current students to build contacts with Booth alumni and students at other business schools.
- Graduate Women in Business GWIB is a nonprofit student association organized to provide women of the Chicago Booth community with a forum for professional development and for mentoring and networking, both within the school, and in the community at large.
Chicago Booth recognizes the value of standing with other organizations interested in promoting the value of an MBA within the minority community. These organizations also offer professional and social networking opportunities. Some of our partnerships include:
- National Black MBA Association - The National Black MBA Association is dedicated to developing partnerships that result in the creation of intellectual and economic wealth in the black community. In partnership with over 400 of the country's top business organizations, the association has inroads into a wide range of industries, as well as the public and private sector.
- The National Society of Hispanic MBAs - The National Society of Hispanic MBAs exists to foster Hispanic leadership through graduate management education and professional development. NSHMBA works to prepare Hispanics for leadership positions throughout the US, so that they can provide the cultural awareness and sensitivity vital to the management of the nation's diverse workforce.
- 85 Broads - 85 Broads is a global network community of 18,000 trailblazing women who want to leverage each other's connections, relationships, and intellectual capital to increase the return on their investment in their education, families, and careers. Chicago Booth is a proud member of 85 Broads, participating in annual events and networking opportunities.