Rules for Nominating - All nominations must fit these parameters:
- Staff Awards nominations are open to all full-time and part-time staff who are employed at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
- Business Management Group, temporary employees and contractors are not eligible to be nominated.
- Any staff member may nominate a colleague, direct report or those who manage people; staff are encouraged to think about colleagues outside of their own team when proposing nominees.
- Self- nominations will not be accepted.
- An individual may not receive the award two (2) consecutive years in a row, but may be nominated each year.
- Nominees must have at least one (1) complete year of service; (If, however, a nominee is a member of a team and s/he has less than 1 year of service, the team will still be eligible.)
- Nominees must be in good standing (i.e. not on a PIP, no performance or disciplinary concerns).
- We encourage staff to nominate not only individuals, but teams as well. Teams may include members of a department or project teams. The team is defined by the nominator. Nominator must be able to explain why they consider this a team versus a work group or colleagues who work together sharing the same interest, but not necessarily the same department/project goal.
- The nomination period will open April 13, 2020 and end on June 12, 2020. Nominations received after 11:59pm on June 12, 2020 will not be accepted as they will be considered late.
Guidelines to assist with your nomination(s)
- As you prepare your narrative in support of the staff member or team that you will nominate, we hope you will find the guidelines (i.e. examples) in this tab useful. Your narrative must highlight examples of respect, integrity or excellence that have had a positive “Impact” on Chicago Booth.
Nominate now - Nomination period will close after June 12, 2020 »