Data-Driven Marketing – Helsinki
Learn the latest insights on marketing analytics, performance, and metrics, and gain the skills to create and capture the maximum amount of value from the market.
To register for this program, visit Aalto University Executive Education.
This is an intensive program addressing the challenges and opportunities associated with the explosion of available marketing data and the changing role of data in marketing management and strategy.
By attending this program, you will:
- Gain an understanding of data as a strategic asset and deepen your understanding of how data can be used to create and capture value.
- Acquire a set of proven tools for demonstrating the value of marketing investments and for measuring their impact on business performance.
- Strengthen decision-making by leveraging data analytics.
From an organizational perspective, this program will help you:
- Develop managers who are able to analyze and quantify return on investment of marketing initiatives.
- Ensure and enhance your organizational competitiveness by exploring forerunners' best practices in marketing metrics.
This program is in partnership with Aalto University Executive Education in Finland.
August 30 - September 2, 2016
Aalto University Executive Education
For inquiries, email Eugenie Patriniche or call +44 (0) 207 070 2200.
Sigmund E. Edelstone Professor of Marketing
Jean-Pierre Dubé is the Sigmund E. Edelstone Professor at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. He is a Research Fellow at the National Bureau of Economic Research and the director of the Kilts Center for Marketing. Most of his research lies at the intersection of quantitative marketing and economics, with specialization in pricing, advertising, branding and digital marketing. He teaches MBA and executive MBA courses on marketing analytics and pricing.
D.Sc. Johanna Frösén
Professor Frösén’s teaching and research focus on strategic marketing, more specifically on marketing performance and measurement, marketing metrics, market orientation and market-based capabilities as well as on business models and value drivers.
Frösén’s research has been published in the leading marketing journals including the Journal of Marketing, Industrial Marketing Management and European Journal of Marketing.
Frösén is skilled professional and has been consulting executive and managerial audiences. She currently acts as an Academic Director of the international CEMS (Global Alliance in Management Education) Master in International Management at SPbU GSOM.
Jukka Luoma, D.Sc.
Assistant Professor of Marketing
Professor Jukka Luoma is a versatile scholar in strategic marketing. His teaching and research focuses on competitive dynamics, market-oriented strategies, and the use of models and data in organizational decision making.
Building on an operations research background, Luoma earned his doctoral degree in marketing at the Aalto University School of Business. He is currently an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Aalto. Previously, he has also had visiting scholar positions at the Darden School of Business and McIntire School of Commerce, both at the University of Virginia.
Luoma’s research appears and is forthcoming in top-ranked academic journals in his field (e.g., Journal of Marketing, Strategic Management Journal). Luoma is an experienced educator, and he has a reputation as an excellent teacher. Presently, he teaches at Aalto University School of Business and Aalto University Executive Education.
This program is for leaders in marketing and sales who want to develop their personal competencies related to data-driven marketing and learn how to use analytics to improve business performance.
Strategic Significance of Data-driven Marketing
- Marketing analytics as a source of competitive advantage
- Tools and capabilities for data-driven marketing
- Return on marketing investment
- Using data to optimize marketing resource allocation
Big Data, Marketing Analytics, and Marketing Value
- Optimizing marketing decision-making and pricing
- Determining the value proposition in a new venture
- Big data versus analytics
- Data mining and leveraging big data
Maximize the Value from Customer Segments
- Utilizing data for effective targeting
- Behaviorally and contextually-targeted advertising
- Challenges and limitations of targeting
- Bundling strategy to create and capture value
Marketing Performance Measurement
- Marketing performance as a multidimensional phenomenon
- Marketing metrics as a tool for marketing performance measurement
- Toolbox of most commonly used marketing metrics
- Marketing performance in a firm's overall value creation