Oxford Chicago Valuation Program
Saïd Business School and Chicago Booth have joined forces to offer a unique advanced program on valuation for strategic corporate and investment decisions—the first of its kind in the world.
Learn more and apply to the program.
Developed to give a wide range of professionals a deeper understanding of the thinking, methodology, and techniques behind financing and valuations, this is a one week program which will allow participants to understand how to apply valuation to make better strategic decisions, acquire financial and valuation modelling techniques to apply immediately at work, and discuss real transactions with leading executives and interact with the global leaders in finance.
By attending this program, you will:
- Understand how to apply valuation to make better strategic decisions.
- Acquire financial and valuation modeling techniques to apply immediately at work.
- Discuss real transactions with leading executives and interact with the global leaders in finance.
- Acquire valuable practical Excel valuation templates that can be adapted for solid models.
Saïd Business School, Oxford UK
Learn more about how Chicago Booth and Oxford's Saïd Business School are enhancing private equity education here.
Professor of Finance and Head of the Finance Faculty, Saïd Business School
Tim Jenkinson is Professor of Finance at the Said Business School. One of the leading authorities on private equity, IPOs, and institutional asset management, Jenkinson is renowned for his ability to collect critical, previously inaccessible data by building strong links with institutional investors, banks, and other players in the financial industry. His research is widely quoted and has been published in the top academic journals.
Executive Director, Private Equity Institute
Andreas T. Angelopoulos is the Executive Director of the Private Equity Institute and the Programme Director of the Oxford Chicago Valuation Programme.
He has been lecturing at the University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School since 2011 where he founded the Oxford Chicago Valuation Programme, Oxford Chicago Discussions and the Oxford Saïd Finance Lab. Since 2006, he has been an Adjunct Professor at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, and at Imperial College where he founded the Imperial College Private Equity Programme.
Steven N. Kaplan
Neubauer Family Distinguished Service Professor of Entrepreneurship and Finance
Steven N. Kaplan is the Neubauer Family Distinguished Service Professor of Entrepreneurship and Finance at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. He is the Faculty Director of Chicago Booth’s Polsky Entrepreneurship Center. Professor Kaplan has been a member of the faculty since 1988.
Douglas J. Skinner
Eric J. Gleacher Distinguished Service Professor of Accounting
Douglas Skinner is a leading expert in corporate disclosure practices, corporate financial reporting, and corporate finance, with a focus on payout policy.
This interaction between real cases, real life and this strong academic support which comes from the Oxford and Chicago approach…this is why I would suggest professionals, managers to take this course. At the end you had a lot of experience that you can bring to your day-by-day life.
- Raffaello Rossi, Corporate CFO, Finamo Spa
- CFOs and heads of strategy for a company making decisions about raising capital, acquisitions, disposals, or restructuring.
- Those who run a family business and would like to negotiate valuation with an investor or a bank.
- Executives who represent a company raising capital from an investor or the capital markets.
- Bankers negotiating with a fund manager for the company value and sale.
- Consultants advising company CEOs on the sale of all or part of a company.
- Those working for an authority disposing of assets that need to be valued.
- Executives working for a pension fund investing directly in companies or assets.
- Lawyers or accountants who would like to have a deeper understanding of critical valuation issues.
Theory by faculty
- Introduction to corporate & investment valuation
- Main valuation methods
- Debt and equity finance structures affecting valuation
- Investment valuations: LBO, growth capital, distress investment and infrastructure
- Investment valuation
Cases by executives
- Corporate valuation
- PE (LBO) investment valuation
- Corporate investment valuation
- Distress investment valuation
- Infrastructure investment valuation
Discussions by alumni
- Two Advanced Valuation panel discussions and dinners with special guests
Fee does not include accommodations.Back to top