This Mergers and Acquisitions program approaches M&A from both a strategic and a financial perspective. The program focuses on M&A as a tactic to implement company strategy and deepens participants' understanding of different phases of the M&A process: target identification; the deal phase; due diligence; different valuation methods. The second part of the program focuses on the M&A integration process and leading change, and introduces research-based evidence on the statistics and psychology of typical post-merger processes.
This is a modular program taking place in London and Helsinki. By attending this program, you will:
- Enhance your understanding of M&A process models and best practices.
- Gain understanding of the M&A due diligence process and develop your due diligence skills.
- Acquire a toolkit and models for testing, validating, and valuating a deal.
- Deepen your understanding of the post-merger integration process at an organizational and individual level.
- Develop skills and tools for leading and implementing change.
Chicago Booth Executive Education, London, UK
Aalto University Executive Education, Helsinki, Finland
Module 1 – June 11-13, 2019, London
Module 2 – September 3-4, 2019, Helsinki
For inquiries, contact Eugenia Patriniche at +44 (0)207 070 2200
The tenor and pace of the class, the very relevant and up-to-date materials, and most importantly the very diverse global make-up of the participants and teachers made my entire experience at Booth an exceptional week. I have recommended multiple courses to my colleagues and associates and plan to attend more courses relevant to my job in the future. I have stayed in contact with several of my classmates and intend to continue to do so in the future.
- Tom Heiser, Vice President & General Manager, Hitachi High Technologies America, Systems Products Division & New Business Development
The Chicago Booth M&A program was excellent and provided many insights which I now apply in my day-to-day work. The faculty was highly rich in industry experience and used case studies to elaborate principles. I believe this M&A program is one of the most practical and professional available for senior leaders to improve their competencies around M&A. I do not hesitate to recommend this program to any participant who wants to improve his/her knowledge of M&A.
- Sanjeewa Samaranayake, CFO, Group Finance, Hemas Holdings Plc
The Chicago Booth M&A program is ideal for practitioners involved in any facet of a transaction. I benefited form the quantitative evaluation of a deal, its tax implications, and approaches to ensuring a successful integration.
- Girish Rishi, Executive Vice President, Tyco
The program invigorated me. Quality of the professors was fantastic with real world experience that I valued. I really feel the content will help me tremendously in my day-to-day.
- David Bethoney, Senior Finance Director, Experian
This program is meant for senior managers who are investigating acquisition as part of their growth strategy, CFOs, investment bankers, corporate lawyers, and other experts participating in an M&A process.
London – M&A Strategy and Process
Process Model and Target Identification
- M&A process models and best practices
- Tools to identify and prioritize acquisition targets
- Test and validate a potential deal thesis
Deal Phase and Due Diligence
- Due diligence activities necessary to test and investment thesis
- Developing synergy estimates
- Key risk issues to be investigated in due diligence
- Developing a due diligence plan
Deal Phase Valuation
- Fundamentals of valuation using DCF methods
- Typical valuation methods used in practice
- Impact of tax issues for buyers and sellers
Helsinki – M&A Integration and Leading Change
Reaching Strategic Agility
- Differentiating between the three forms of agility
- Igniting cultural change
- Cultivating changeability
- Understanding management innovations
Structural Innovations for Changeability
- Making the most of resource fluidity
- Tapping into the potential of virtual structures
- Cultural integration and identity building