Fintech Foundations for Nontechnical Executives – Hong Kong
Identify opportunities in a competitive Chinese market.
NEW IN 2020: In this premier program, nontechnical executives will gain an understanding of key new financial technologies in the Chinese market and learn how to leverage them to lead innovation for their organizations.
Fintech in China has experienced incredible growth. China is now home to some of the largest Fintech organizations in the world, and disruption is happening across nearly every financial industry segment. Disruptors are transforming consumer expectations by offering “one-stop-shop” apps and platforms with frictionless, personalized experiences.
Given this rapid pace of change, executives in financial services and other affected industries need to be at the frontier of their markets in order to maintain competitiveness in the Chinese business landscape.
By attending this program, you will:
- Discover fundamental drivers of technologies such as artificial intelligence—and how they may be leveraged to improve customer service, make data-driven decisions, and explore risk and reward.
- Acquire cutting edge insights on how to manage financial innovation disruptors in your competitive landscape.
- Explore business models with an integrated technological ecosystem built for success.
- Learn how to explore new opportunities based on innovative fintech concepts and practices.
Hong Kong: The Hong Kong Jockey Club University of Chicago Academic Complex I The University of Chicago Francis and Rose Yuen Campus
Fuji Bank and Heller Professor of Finance, Chicago Booth
Zhiguo He serves as a professor of finance, a PhD area advisor, and faculty director of Fama-Miller Center for Research in Finance at Chicago Booth. He also is Special-term Alibaba Foundation Professor at Tsinghua University, School of Economics and Management, and a member of Academic Committee of Luohan Academy. Professor He’s work has been published in leading academic journals, including American Economic Review, Econometrica, Review of Economic Studies, and Journal of Finance. He is also conducting active academic research on Chinese financial markets that are undergoing rapid development, including the stock market, local government debt, shadow banking, and interbank markets, together with recent regulation changes.
Professor He received his bachelor and master degrees from Tsinghua University in Beijing and obtained his PhD from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.
- Gain an overview of leading fintech business models in China.
- Understand the links between fintech and the traditional banking industry.
- Understand various segments within the industry, including banking, wealth investment, mobile payments, and P2P (peer-to-peer) lending, and learn how leading applications and platforms are combining financial features.
- Improve your ability to identify opportunities, strategize, and lead development of disruptive financial innovations.
- Learn the fundamentals and concepts behind financial technologies—including artificial intelligence, biometrics, cloud, big data, and block chain—and their business applications and potential.
- Gain insight into the limits, risks, and broader policy and social implications of fintech, including regulatory issues, privacy, and security.
- Understand new regulatory directions in the global fintech landscape, especially within the United States and Europe.
- Gain tools and frameworks to predict and leverage future trends in fintech.
Heritage Courtyard and Interpretation Centre Tour
Our Hong Kong campus is the home of the Heritage Courtyard and Interpretation Centre. During their time on campus, participants are offered a tour and access to exhibitions highlighting the unique history of the Mount Davis site and the University’s commitment to the Hong Kong community. More information about the tour will be provided with participants' pre-course materials.
This program benefits mid- to senior-level managers and executives who drive competitive strategies for their organizations. This program is designed for nontechnical executives who seek to better understand how to lead financial technology innovation.
金融科技基础 - 专为非技术型高管而设的课程
授课教授: 何治国, 芝大布斯商学院Fuji Bank and Heller金融学教授课程详情
Fee does not include accommodations.Back to top