As a leader in your organization, the decisions you make can have a significant impact on the financial health of your company. This program will help you assess the value of your strategic decisions by giving you a broader understanding of finance and the interaction between business strategy and financial strategy.
In this program, you will take your finance comprehension beyond the operational finance of budgeting and income statements to include capital structure, risk analysis, strategy, and valuation. You will gain techniques to assess the value of investment projects, corporate assets, and acquisitions, and have better discussions with your CFO and financial executives as a result.
Finance for Executives has been described by past participants as “a must for senior management to better understand their company’s future” and continues to be one of our most highly rated finance programs for its applicability and top faculty team.
By attending this program, you will:
- Obtain a deeper understanding of how your organization’s economic outcomes are reflected in its financial statements, and how those statements are used inside and outside the organization.
- Gain a sophisticated understanding of how to use financial statements to better understand the economics of other entities, including competitors.
- Communicate more effectively with financial executives within the organization and with important external stakeholders such as analysts and investors.
- Better understand how to use modern valuation techniques to evaluate investment opportunities, both projects and other businesses, including M&A and LBOs.
- Learn why optimizing management of capital, including liquidity and leverage, can affect firm value and how to value other businesses.
- Understand entrepreneurial finance, including private equity and venture capital.
- Learn how to manage external communications and capital to avoid unwanted attention from activist investors, short-sellers, and other corporate predators.
Chicago Booth, Gleacher Center, Chicago IL
The subject matter is vast and both professors, Rock and Leftwich, did an excellent job taking more complex theory and analysis, and breaking it down to easily understood practical application. Moreover, their depth and insight into the subject matter drove valuable case discussion, addressing various alternatives and actual outcomes. The program challenged my thoughts and understanding, meeting my objectives of the program – thank you! It was fascinating and I will study this subject matter more.
- Richard Turek, VP of Operations, Bway Corporation
The program is excellent for anyone that wishes to gain a better insight into why companies make strategic decisions from a financial analysis point of view. I learned not only the how but also the why behind key financial decisions.
- Dr. Douglas Hutchens, VP, Global Development and Chief Veterinary Officer, Bayer Animal Health, Bayer HealthCare
Great course. World-class faculty and am now considerably more prepared to understand finance discussions at work than before.
- David Anderson, Director, Strategic Business Development, Omnova Solutions Inc.
I can see why Booth is rated so high among other Executive Programs. The content was delivered in an understandable fashion by teaching faculty who can balance theory with practicality. Booth is a great investment!
- Chris Stanton, President, Pratt Industries
As a scientist transitioning to financing of companies via venture capital, the concepts and more important business thought process and analysis taught during the course will be invaluable.
- Juan Harrison, Vice President, Takeda Ventures Inc.
Excellent program. It puts you in the driver's seat to assess opportunities and identify problems with your company, business, or project.
- Isaac Moussan, Kemira, Director of Market Development
Great program…, hit the ground running…, efficiently theory up…, approach the numbers with ease…, untangle risk and get to the heart of the matter. Well beyond a finance curriculum. A+, guys!
- Stanley Stone, Plant Manager, De-Sta-Co - Wheeling (a Dover Co.)
I personally learned a great deal from this course. The case studies were nothing short of fascinating. The real advantage is the ability to learn from brilliant professors. The educational experience is nothing short of phenomenal. Return on investment by taking this course is extremely high for any executive who wants to broaden their understanding of financial terms, strategies and applications. Simply can’t find a better educational experience than what I've enjoyed this week!
- Kenneth Johnson, Chief Engineer – Northern Region, Union Pacific Railroad
In my job I am responsible for financial decisions and now I have new knowledge and skills that will facilitate them and my working relationship with my CFO.
- Juan Carlos Gil, Executive VP Venezuela Business Unit, Inelectra
Outstanding course content with excellent instructors. Very logical and understandable explanations in assessing value equity and debt in companies. Would recommend this course to all senior managers in operations of business.
- Todd Harrold, Vice President Operations, BAE Systems
The program is targeted toward senior management who have at least a basic understanding of accounting and finance and want to deepen their knowledge of how to optimize their organization’s capital management practices to create value and drive corporate performance. The program will explore recent trends in capital markets and emphasize why it is critical for today’s managers to understand how to optimize the use of capital in their organizations and avoid making costly mistakes. Titles include C-suite, president, general manager, managing director, VP, director, financial advisor, controller, treasury, and general counsel.
This program builds upon our Financial Analysis for Nonfinancial Managers program. Individuals should have a working knowledge of accounting and finance, including budgeting, income statements, and balance sheets, in order to benefit from this program. If you have questions about which program would provide the most value to you, please contact us prior to registering.