Health and Safety
The health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, and communities are our top priorities and will continue to guide our decisions over the upcoming months.
Chicago Booth will continue to follow university and local public health guidelines and advice from the experts at UChicago Medicine as we plan to reopen campuses in Chicago, London, and Hong Kong in a thoughtful and deliberate way. As we phase in our return to Booth facilities, we ask all members of the Booth community to work together to help protect our community’s health and safety. This is particularly critical during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are asking every community member who comes to our campuses in Chicago, Hong Kong, and London to commit to the UChicago Health Pact to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The UChicago Health Pact
For the sake of myself and fellow community members, I agree to uphold the UChicago Health Pact. I will:
- Wear a face covering in university buildings or whenever other people are in the immediate area
- Maintain a distance of at least six feet from others whenever possible
- Wash my hands frequently or use hand sanitizer (for example, before eating, after using the restroom, after touching shared objects or surfaces, and before each class)
- Check my health symptoms daily, and stay home if I don’t feel well or am experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- Report promptly to C19HealthReport@uchicago.edu if I have knowingly been exposed to or test positive for COVID-19
- Raise any safety concern with my supervisor or academic leader, or through UCAIR
- Cooperate with public health workers and adhere to all quarantine requirements
By committing to the UChicago Health Pact, we all help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and contribute to a shared culture of public health at the University of Chicago.
For more information on measures the university is taking to help protect public health, please visit goforward.uchicago.edu.
Take Action: Required Training and Health Affirmation Before Coming to Campus
Before coming to any Booth campus in Chicago, London, or Hong Kong, all Chicago Booth students, faculty, and staff are required by the University of Chicago to complete COVID-19 training and affirm their commitment to specific precautions.
See the Requirements
Health and Safety Protocols
In close collaboration with public health experts and UChicago Medicine, the university is implementing a wide range of health and well-being practices to help keep our community safe. These practices include:
- The UChicago Health Pact
- Reconfigured classrooms and study spaces to provide space for physical distancing
- New cleaning protocols, developed with guidance from the university’s epidemiology team
- Tracing the close contacts of any COVID-19 cases linked to our campuses, in partnership with UChicago Medicine
- Readily available COVID-19 testing for any member of the Chicago campus community with symptoms
See the UChicago Forward website for details on the university’s reopening plans.