Know you’d like to get an MBA, but are you unsure of what format is best for you? You’re not the only one. Pursuing an MBA is a choice to invest in yourself and in your future. Deciding on what program is best for you can be challenging. MBA programs vary from evening, executive, full-time or weekend. No matter which program you choose at Chicago Booth, you will be instructed by the same faculty meaning you graduate with the same Booth degree. Take a look at 7 reasons why you should go part-time (although we could go on…).
• Keep Making Money: One of the biggest benefits of enrolling in a part-time MBA program is the ability to maintain your salary while attending classes. Like you, the majority of part-time students at Chicago Booth work while attending class. It may seem challenging to work and get a Booth MBA at the same time, but we have 1400 Evening MBA and Weekend MBA students as proof it can be done.
• Freedom to Chart your own Course: With Leadership Exploration and Development (LEAD) as the only required course of the 20 needed to graduate, students have the option to choose from over 120 courses, and often graduate with 3-4 concentrations. The Booth MBA is not cookie-cutter and our students are empowered with choosing the courses most important to them ranging from entrepreneurial selling and strategic management, to consumer behavior and entrepreneurial finance and private equity, just to name a few.
• Be a Part of a Vibrant Community: Not only will you have the chance to network with business leaders, and expand your network, you’ll have the opportunity to become a leader yourself in one of our 30 + student led clubs and organizations which host over 300 + events annually. Events range from connecting with faculty, and entrepreneurship, to marketing, to winter formal, partners club and much more.
• Set Your Own Pace: Flexibility at Booth also means that you can speed up or slow down your coursework when life happens- although the majority of students graduate in 2.5 years, you have up to 5 years to complete your studies. You have the ability to fly in for weekend classes allowing you to remain employed, and not relocate to another city to complete your MBA. Did you know that 80% of Booth weekend students are from outside of Chicago? Check out some of the additional perks like discounted airfare, complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport, discounted parking and coffee.
• You Won’t Miss Out on Career Opportunities: A vast majority of part-time students receive promotions and raises before they graduate. As a part-time student you don’t have to wait until you graduate to accelerate your career. You won't be on your own when it comes to managing your career; we have career services staff here from day one. This is a connection you have for your entire career.
• Access to Network of 49,000 Alumni: The Booth network spans the globe with alumni in 116 countries world-wide. The connections you make at Booth will last you a lifetime- from a possible future business partner, advisor, friend or client, Booth alumni are in every industry, and are accessible from day one.
• Apply Concepts the Next Day: Booth is in an environment where ideas compete, and people collaborate. The classroom is a safe environment where you can test out your thoughts and ideas and get immediate feedback. From developing strategic frameworks to bring new products to market, to learning how to have critical conversations with those on your team, you will have the confidence and tools to quickly apply newly learned concepts.
There you have it- 7 reasons to go part-time program, with some extra insight into what you can expect from your Booth experience. Come check out Booth first hand yourself by attending an information session, class visit or setting up an individual meeting with admissions. While you’re at it, be sure to connect with us on social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.