Postgraduate Chicago Booth Courses
Booth alumni may take up to three non-cohorted Booth courses after graduation. Alumni will not be charged tuition for these three classes, but are responsible for the costs of all course materials and the Lifetime Transcript fee*.
- Courses must be taken for a grade, or on a pass/fail basis if permitted. Auditing is not permitted.
- Grades for post-graduate courses will appear on your official University of Chicago transcript.
- The University of Chicago does not change concentrations on transcripts once a student graduates; thus, these courses will not apply to any concentrations.
- Alumni registering for two or more courses in a given quarter must show proof of immunization compliance. »
- Chicago Booth reserves the right to withdraw a graduate from a class at any time and, upon review, to adjust or cancel this program.
Note to International Alumni - The Post-Grad program does not provide visa eligibility, even with enrollment in three courses for the quarter.
*If you were a student prior to autumn 2005, before the university began assessing the Lifetime Transcript fee, you will be assessed the $65 fee upon enrollment in post-graduate courses. This one-time fee enables you to order an unlimited number of official transcripts at no additional charge.
Review the Enrollment Procedures (PDF) and Booth Policies (PDF) for complete guidelines on participating in the post-graduate program. Alumni are responsible for meeting all deadlines and following the procedures related to course registration and dropping/withdrawing.
Review course schedules and descriptions via the Course Search tool. Note any prerequisites or restrictions (PDF) for the course(s). If there are "strict" prerequisites and you have not taken the prerequisite courses at Booth, you'll need to email the faculty for a prerequisite waiver and submit the waiver to Linnea Battles prior to registration. Please review the "strict" prerequisite policy for additional information.
Alumni are encouraged to attend Week 1 of the class in which they are attempting to enroll.
Review the Seat Availability report for closed course sections. If a course is closed, alumni may not register for it unless a seat becomes available at the time their registration is processed.
Submit registration requests for the Spring 2015 Quarter via poll beginning 10 a.m. CT on Sunday, April 5. Registration will end at 9 a.m. CT on Tuesday, April 7, and results will be emailed on Tuesday, April 7 by 4:30 p.m.
- Courses dropped after Week 3 will be assigned a "W" grade and will count against your three course allotment.
- Alumni are not permitted to reserve study group rooms.
- Alumni do not receive access to Harper Center or Gleacher Center during non-business hours.
- Beyond the first three courses taken post graduation, alumni can register for classes at current tuition rates through the Graham School of General Studies.
Post-graduate registration contact: