Chicago Booth's Start-Up Ecosystem – Becoming Global
ENGAGE! MENTOR! INVEST!
Join alumni from leading universities to invest expertise and financial capital in the growth of ambitious start-ups.
Chicago Angels Network hosts its second pitch event on Saturday, 30th November 2013 (#CANpitches) at the Chicago Booth London Campus.
These exciting start-ups have been invited to pitch:
- Precursive is an online software business with a simple mission: to make resource management more efficient and to boost profit per practitioner across project teams. Following a successful development phase with Fujitsu UK, Precursive is going to market, with early revenue customers and a strong pipeline in the UK and US. This is a unique opportunity to get involved with an exciting company at an early stage. Precursive is a salesforce.com ISV partner.
- Reccy is the Airbnb for photographic and film shoots. It is a marketplace where photographers, advertisers, brands, tv studios, event managers can find and book properties/locations for their projects.Reccy is one of 11 startups selected to participate in Startupbootcamp's Berlin 2013 program and demo day. Reccy Closed Beta >
- Valueform is an innovative SME whose mission is to replace paper and plastic from food packaging globally with Straw and cereal waste alternatives. Valueform's straw packaging is cheaper than the products that it seeks to replace and offers the same technical characteristics with a vastly superior environmental impact. Valueform has the NHS as one of its clients.
Co-hosted with the Chicago Booth Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, this event will showcase entrepreneurs who have built successful businesses after competing in the Chicago Booth New Venture Challenge, Global New Venture Challenge and Social New Venture Challenge and attending the Entrepreneurial Strategy course:
- Noura Abdullah, '08 (EXP-13) - owner of Aura, a modern home fashion brand; taking international design trends to create bespoke aura branded collections.
- Juan Cartagena, '12 (EXP-17) - founder and CEO of Traity, a Madrid based start-up that uses scientific methodology to rank people by their reputation and traits.
- Sue Khim, current Chicago Booth student - founder of brilliant.org, a website that provides a challenging intellectual environment to anyone with internet access and a passion for mathematics or physics. Learn more »
We look forward to seeing you!
C.A.N. Management Team:
Kathleen Fitzgerald '01
Shehreyar Hameed '05
Rama Veeraragoo '12 (EXP-17)
Follow C.A.N on Twitter @chicago_angels and mention #CANpitches in your tweets about the event
Pitch Event £30 (includes networking drinks)
2:00 PM-2:30 PM: Registration
2:30 PM-2:50 PM: Welcome Address by The Polsky Center, C.A.N. and GNVC
2:50 PM-3:30 PM: Booth entrepreneurs sharing their experience
3:30 PM-5:30 PM: Start-ups pitch for investment
5:30 PM-7:30 PM: Refreshments
7:30 PM-9:30 PM: Self-organized dinner/suggestions to follow
What is Chicago Angels Network?
C.A.N. is building a trusted network of domain experts, mentors and angel investors to help entrepreneurs build successful and fast growing businesses.
C.A.N. Global Advisory Board:
Jonathan Weiss, MBA'00, MD'01
Robert H. Gertner
Bruce Rigal, '89
Ramon Tisaire, '91