Turn Job Interviews into Offers
March 30, 2021: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Have you ever walked out of an interview thinking it went well, but then you didn't get the job? Or felt a conversation come to a halt as soon as you answered the salary question?
NYC, New York
Have you ever walked out of an interview thinking it went well, but then you didn't get the job? Or felt a great conversation come to a halt as soon as you answered their salary question? Perhaps in one interview you felt a bit too nervous, or you simply want to polish up your interviewing skills. If any of these are true for you, then you'll want to attend this webinar. Robert Hellmann of www.hellmannconsulting.com will share field-tested strategies and techniques (and dispel myths) that will boost your likelihood of acing the interview. We'll cover:
- A strategic approach involving "story-telling" that will put you ahead of the competition.
- How to handle salary questions and other questions you're likely to hear.
- What to do when they ask you about your weaknesses.
- The three things companies look for in a candidate, and how to prepare.
- The three questions you must ask to ensure the interview's success.
- How to turn a "No" into a "Yes"
The event will be a 45 minute presentation, followed by audience Q&A before we break out into smaller networking groups to meet new people and practice our 30 second networking pitch.
Here are some best practices to prepare your 30 second pitch:
1. Know exactly what you want to achieve. This should be your positioning statement. Who are you? What do you do? Where do you want to go? What are you looking for?
2. Key bullets should include your work history, background, skills, accomplishments, and goals.
3. Tell a story, so others remember you.
4. No jargon.
5. Invite conversation if you can.
6. Memorize it.
7. Time yourself to stick to 30 seconds.
8. Record yourself on video and try it on friends and colleagues for feedback.
Zoom information will be shared after registration.
Robert Hellmann (Speaker)
President, Hellmann Career Consulting
Robert Hellmann, President of Hellmann Career Consulting (www.hellmannconsulting.com), has helped over 1,000 individuals to achieve career and job-search success and dozens of organizations to improve effectiveness via career and executive coaching, workshops and outplacement services.
Rob has been in full-time private practice since 2008. He's been certified by GetFive as a Senior Career and Executive Coach and by LinkedIn as a Certified Professional Recruiter. He also has career coaching affiliations with the graduate business schools at both Columbia University and Cornell University, and has taught as an adjunct at NYU.
Rob is a regular contributor to Forbes. His career insights have also appeared in media outlets such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post, the Chicago Tribune, CBS News, ABC News, NBC News and many others. Books Rob has authored include Advanced LinkedIn: For Your Job Search, Business and Career, Peak Presentations, Your Social Media Job Search and The Social Media Boost, and has contributed three chapters to GetFive's book Work Smarts on leadership, performance management, and mentoring.
Rob also brings two decades of management experience at top-tier employers, including American Express, JP Morgan Chase, and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, which informs his approach with clients. He has an MBA in Finance from Fordham University and a BS in Economics/Math from Binghamton University.
Paul Miller, '82