Finance RT Hosts Professor Allen Sanderson
October 24, 2019: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Professor Sanderson plans to cover a broad range of current topics of interest, through an economic lense.
450 Cityfront Plaza Dr.
Potential Topics Include:
* Wealth tax proposals from Senators Warren and Sanders
* The case for paying college athletes
* Who ends up paying the bill for taxes (tariffs) levied
* Colleges and universities and their impacts on their surrounding communities
* Economic impact of "big ticket items" - the Super Bowl, Olympic Games, luring a Hollywood production company or corporate headquarters - on cities
$7 in advance, $10 at door, if available.
Allen Sanderson (Speaker) '70
Professor, University of Chicago
Professor Sanderson has received the Quantrell Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching and has the distintction of having taught more students at Chicago than anyone in the history of the University.
Professor Sanderson is a senior lecturer in economics. Sanderson is a graduate of Brigham Young University and the University of Chicago. He came to Chicago from Princeton in 1984.
John Salvino, '06
Partner, Wealth Management