Join the Chicago Booth Alumni Club of Singapore for the Annual General Meeting and the first Booth Investment Outlook for insights into investment opportunities, risks, and strategies for 2019.
The global economy is in transition, as it shifts from synchronous expansion to divergence and friction. Last year capital markets amplified the uncertainty and recorded the worst returns since the Global Financial Crisis.
- The global business cycle expansion is losing steam.
- Tariffs are impeding China's role as a global growth engine.
- Political risk is eroding asset prices and adding volatility to currency exchange rates.
- Central banks are reversing course from inflation-fighting to economic support.
As investors reflect and reassess their portfolios, they wonder what lies ahead. Are global markets on the verge of a correction, inflection, or collapse?
Join us in our first Booth Investment Outlook for insights into investment opportunities, risks, and strategies for 2019. Our panel of seasoned professionals will provide perspectives across different segments of global capital markets.
- Colin Davis, '01 Head of ASEAN Equity Research, HSBC
- Rick Marchese, '96 Director, Lars Lareno Private Capital
- Ivan Chelebiev, '16 Portfolio Manager, Chicago Global
- Ritesh Ganeriwal, '15 Investment Management, Goldman Sachs
We will also be holding our Club's Annual General Meeting, where we will share highlights of the year, pass our accounts, and elect our next team of club leaders. Do consider joining the Executive Committee to lend your energies to grow our community!
18:15 - 18:30 hrs: Registration, Networking over drinks/canapés
18:30 - 19:00 hrs: AGM and new Exco elections
19:00 - 19:15 hrs: Break
19:15 - 20:00 hrs: Booth Roundtable – Chicago Booth Investment Outlook 2019
20:00 - 20:15 hrs: Q&A
20:15 - 20:30 hrs: Networking and Event wrap-up
Do write to Calvin Chu Yee Ming, '09 (AXP-8) at if you would like to take a leadership role in the Executive Committee, or have topics you would like the Club to cover in the future.
$10/pax (Refreshments provided)
BoothAlumni (one word, cap B and cap A).